My Dreams, My Nightmares

• 18 Replies

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
  • Follow me on Instagram (@mayaclars)
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2021, 08:41:54 AM »
Lyrically I loved the line 'don't wake me up when I'm in bed'.
I'm interested in exploring this type of dark pop meets trap genre further so it'd be very helpful to know a little bit more about what you use to get your modern dark pop sound (ie what DAW, what synth patches, VSTs, loop/sample packs etc).

Hello @Sing4me88 ! I'm so happy to know you like the line "don't wake me up when I'm in bed". I like this one too :)  I use Cubase as my DAW. You literally can do anything with your music. I love it and that's my recommendation. As for synth patches and VSTs, I use HALion 6 (it goes with the DAW). Also, Kontakt has high-quality instruments. I'm sorry but I can't say anything about loops and sample packs for the reason that I don't use them in my music. Thank you for your opinion. Have a nice day!

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2021, 01:05:45 PM »
Wow I'm more impressed now that I know you use mainly/only stock VST plug ins within your Cubae DAW. Your stuff is really polished that I'd swear blind you used loops of some sort, which shows the talent you've got for producing modern sounding stuff.

Loops are actually really fun to use and finding different sounds and thinking of how to manipulate them and fit them in is really fun. I'd encourage you to have a go with some loops/samples (Loopcloud is a good free resource) as a) I think you'll enjoy the process, b) they'll add something slightly different to what is an already very strong  production set and c) foley and found sounds are very 'now' in the dark pop genre you so ably produce/write in.

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2021, 03:24:50 PM »
As noted, a really good and polished pop song. Great talent on show @Maya Clars, writing, performance and production. Again :)

Karen

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2021, 08:45:47 PM »
Hey there, really cool song. I especially love the melody of the verses, it dances around brilliantly.🎶👍🏻🎶 Music was fab! I actually really like the glitchy drum/sfx u have going on in the chorus, it kinda musically does what horror movies do when the screen glitches as the nightmare gets closer!😱👻 very cool!

Great job! I look forward to hearing more of your stuff.😄🎶👊🏻🎶