Painting The Mind (The Auditors)

• 0 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« on: January 07, 2021, 03:45:21 PM »
Sorry that I haven't been around the forum much for the last week or so. Have been working on lots and lots of music (as usual)  :)

One of the projects that I have been working with is with my old band The Editors. We've managed to get together an album of songs over the past 8 months or so trying to mash up the genres (again, as usual !) We managed to re-record some of our old songs that only existed on decomposing 40 year old cassette tapes and write a batch of new songs to go with them.

Interesting to read some of the thread about Songwriting vs production and I'll post some of my thoughts on that at a later stage but the guy who has produced the album (our original bass player) has been working in music production for a long, long time and it's been fascinating to listen to his take on some of the songs. Anyway, if any of you would like to grab the album for free it's on Bandcamp - I've also had a battle trying to upload to Amuse with multiple rejections, firstly because of the band name (The Editors) - Some Brummies nicked our name (We had to rename ourselves The Auditors) and then the artwork being rejected as "too blurry" which was odd as it's an abstract painting that was, errr ! blurry !

Anyway, here's the link if you fancy as listen......

https://theauditors.bandcamp.com/releases

Cheers

John