Leave the past behind

• 34 Replies

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2021, 10:36:35 PM »
Hi Pete
Really enjoyed this one - reminded me of Tom Petty in places.
Then the Who, then ... IDK.
All great influences - nothing stolen. :D

Nice work
Paul

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
  • Follow me on Instagram (@mayaclars)
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2021, 06:07:36 PM »
Very beautiful song. Guitar parts make me want to dance, so cool.
If I listen to the song with headphones, I would like to add more bass in the end of the song, but this is just my opinion.

Maya

The Holographic Rodeo

• Busker
  • Singer/songwriter & home-recorder
    • Bandcamp site containing my latest EP and previous 2019 album
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2021, 07:10:57 PM »
Lovely sounding guitars - as others have said kind of a real wall of sound reminding me of good old 90s britrock in a way.

I think the vocals are a touch too clean here - not sure they also need to be quite as high up in the mix as they are (but then again Im often told I bury mine too much in my mixes so might be best to ignore that comment :).  Very well sung but may be worth trying to experiment with some effects such as a bit of extra saturation, or a form of echo/reverb that enables the stereo spread to go wider.

Good track though which kept me interested all the way through

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2021, 06:50:23 PM »
Thanks guys!

@adamfarr I blame Neil for the words no one else uses  ;D. although I might have out in a few from time to time!

@paulski Glad you liked it Paul.  Can't say I feel influenced by those guys but if you listen to enough hopefully the good bits rub off.

@Maya Clars Thanks Maya, dancing is always good in my eyes!  I'll take a look at the bass.

@The Holographic Rodeo Ah clean vocals!  They are my downfall.  I have tried most of the tricks but I still sound clean.  It is the one area I try to work on most, it's ok on a ballad, but a song like this wants a bit more Dave Grohl thrown in .  Glad you liked it.  Cheers.
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2021, 02:16:16 PM »
Hi,
Like the opening riff the lyrical concept.
Catchy chorus, and like the M8 link via the bass riff as it a builds
Good luck with it.
:-)
neil

songwriter of no repute..