konalavadome

Super intimate felt Piano

• 1 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« on: January 06, 2021, 12:28:01 PM »
Maybe this is of help to some of you....

I love an intimate piano, but it's really hard to get, i was reading @kafla 's post about the free Spitfire plugin, and yip their stuff is really top drawer. As I was thumbing through their product I was caught by the Felt Piano at only €29, what a great sound...but rather than pressing the button, I went home and wondered if I could get close with any of my Piano VSTi's, and well I got close enough.

Started off with my stock DAW piano, but that didn't get close enough, so I went to Arturia Piano v2 and sure enough that has the following settings.. Hammer, dynamic range and hardness, and byt putting DR and hammer @ about 10 o clock, and hardness to 9 o clock I was really happy with how it sounded.

The other great felt piano is included with Scaler2.

Here's the sort of thing I'm talking about, but I prefer it a bit more felty

Oh yes and by the way her'es the link to the spitfire piano, (cjheck out the firewood upright, that too sounds fantastic, I'll probably go for them some time...

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/originals/#felt-piano

Andreas

• Solo Gig
  • Singer/Songwriter from Norway
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 04:36:45 PM »
@cowparsleyman - Oh Wonder is one of my favourite "bands", or more like duos, and their piano sounds has amazed me time and time again.

I have used Labs by Spitfire, which creates a lot of atmosphere and you can add reverb in the piano plugin, and it`s free, so that`s a bonus.. But I will definitely check out felt, because I love a good piano sound, and Labs don`t work on everything