konalavadome

SoundCloud Spam Followers?

• 4 Replies

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« on: January 06, 2021, 05:24:39 AM »
Do you delete comments by those spammy posters who say they love your track and then invite you to check out their service for getting you more exposure? Or do you leave them there? Any particular reason for you choice?

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 08:30:48 AM »
Morning @CaliaMoko - It always brings a smile to my face when I see these, it's the epitomy of bad taste, all the effort I put in to my songs and production and they spray such an impersonal message, I guess it's no different to those slick-haired-silk-suited A&R guys promising you the world after a gig.

Anyway hope all is well with You.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 06:05:44 PM »
Oh @cowparsleyman you have a better attitude than I do (I AM working on that). The look on my face, once I figure out what the comment is, is more of a twisted sneer.

We're getting by. The past two weeks have been a bit overwhelming and I'm hoping for some relief now that all the festivities are over. We'll see how that goes. We're hoping the sale of our property finalizes really soon. And that we settle on a new place soon and get started on the remodeling it will most likely need for ease of wheelchair use. These will be good things but will not contribute to my stress relief! I know what "they" say--what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I think I must be getting pretty strong!  ;D ::) :P :o

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 07:39:42 PM »
Delete. Definitely! (I think I've only had 2 comments on my SC account and 50% of them was this type of spam!).

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 08:32:50 AM »
I ignore them.  They are clearly using soundcloud (or in my case Reverbnation) to SEND information, but not to gather it.  They are using the site selfishly, and will never be willing to provide anything of value. 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.