konalavadome

(Another attempt to) Keep it together

• 11 Replies

man made material

• Solo Gig
« on: January 04, 2021, 04:44:03 PM »
First off - happy new year! And wow! There’s so much new stuff on here - It’s going to keep me busy for the next few days going through it all! Looking forward to it😁

This is a track I first posted early in December and I took note of a few comments to try and fill out and dirty up the mix a bit...

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/4nm59Gf91z43arLv5

When she walked in the bar, man, I knew we were in for trouble.
She put her finger to her lip and said thanks I will take a double.
Now with whiskey on her side, she will go where the mood dictates her.
Now let’s let the evening slide, consequences are for later

So she steps onto the floor, let’s the pulse of the music take her.
And she’s moving to the beat, It’s a primal stimulator
The need is waking up inside, she’s unable to sedate it
So let’s keep it simple now we don’t need to complicate it

Some decisions must be made, because the morning’s getting closer.
You know the danger is that you could wind up on a missing poster.
But how do you resist when everything’s conspired to trap you?
And you’ve really got to choose because now she’s going to ask you.

Keep it together, keep it together

Now I’ll dig into what everyone’s been up to!😁👍
Sound formed in a vacuum may seem a waste of time...

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 03:34:23 PM »
@man made material
This is excellent. Love the effects on your voice and the electronic musical palette. There are some great ideas here, particularly in the arrangement and production. I like the lyrics, particularly "the danger is that you could wind up on a missing poster" The melody carries it along nicely and the whole thing kind of reminds me of something by The Ra Band called "The Crunch" - look it up and see if you agree.
I congratulate you on coming up with something so original and fun to listen to.
Welcome to the forum BTW.
M

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 05:04:50 PM »

I really like the style and the effect on the voice is fantastic as well as the rhythm that the words dictate.
The lyrics are a movie, it was great to hear it.
A very simple but very effective arrangement @man made material

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

Andreas

• Solo Gig
  • Singer/Songwriter from Norway
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 07:07:05 PM »
The rhythm is very dance-friendly! Some very cool effects on the vocals that makes the song more intriguing! Brilliant lyrics! :)

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 10:41:12 PM »
Cheers @montydog ! I looked up ‘the Crunch’ - cool track, it’s definitely got the same vibe, it’s a bit of a surprise to hear something like this from the Rah Band - but my only reference was ‘clouds across the moon’ which I love but is very different... anyway glad you enjoyed👍

Thanks for giving it a go again @moraamarolaloba i appreciate your positive feedback!

Thanks for listening @Andreas much appreciated!

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 04:47:44 PM »
I remember this from its earlier version...it was always going to be a very good song...and it's still very hooky. I wondered if maybe it could had exploded into life in the middle with some really big synth pad chords and really go to town? I don't quite know exactly how you would do that...but it was just a thought.

It's an excellent song...just thinking it could maybe go up a level with a few tweaks?

Great stuff, anyway!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 07:17:02 PM »
Hey @PaulAds  thanks for giving it another go!
I take on board what you say... I’d added a lot more meat into this mix, so the tricky part will be finding some space for the extra sound... it’s maybe one of those things I need to leave for a couple of months and come back to again with fresh ears... I think my ears have gone a bit numb to it now after listening to it over and over whilst tweaking it😂

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2021, 12:30:48 AM »
Yeah, this is great. the production is dead right. Danceable if that's your thing, but there's plenty going on to keep everyone interested. Excellent. :)

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2021, 01:09:03 PM »
Hi Manmade

Didn't hear the first one so can't help you there....anyway it all sounds good. i listened on Soundcloud a few days ago and now it's only just clicked with me..Pompey's comment RocknRoll...I thought he meant just rock'nroll you know but now I get the allusion to the song by the unmentionable one....also made me think of some Bowie of that era...that's when it clicked!

Nice work on the 'Hi's anyway and the vocal all round is gripping...nice harmonies.

I was thinking on a change of gear or something when you first launch into the 'Keep it together' and that took my mind off it and made me think that it was just right like this.

Nicely done and if you haven't been at this for long which I gather from your potted bio on Soundcloud then you've done a bloody good job with this. Very listenable and catchy as hell.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2021, 07:03:20 PM »
Cheers @ChrisPrice  I’m still trying to get my head around production, I’m definitely not there yet, but appreciate the comment!

@Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra   I must admit I felt dirty doing something in the style synonymous with the glitter band... that t**t has tainted a whole style of music unfortunately...
Thanks for your comments and it’s good to know that people actually do read your bio on soundcloud!😁👍
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 09:13:50 AM by man made material »

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2021, 04:50:05 PM »
@man made material

Hi, this sounds really good, didn't hear the first one so can't compare. Vocals are particularly good. Get the GG ref :o.

Enjoyable

Cheers

Jamie

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2021, 06:34:14 PM »
Cheers @Jamie  let’s reclaim the glam rock stomp from he who must not be named!🤘