konalavadome

I Can't Love You Anymore

• 21 Replies

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2021, 10:53:39 AM »
Wow that's quite something - the a bit proggy in the middle but a little bit soul and a little bit pop. Actually the lyrics probably are still a bit country.
Love the unclassifiability and originality.
I really like the line about still being on the rack. Possibly there is some more mileage in the double meaning in the title but I am wont to take those things too far.

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2021, 02:00:42 PM »
Yes mate!!!!! What a track!! I really enjoyed it...lovely guitars and catchy bass, funky synth solo. My fave bit was the complete change up around 1.41...great singing there especially.

Only thing I thought was that the vocals could come up a touch...not much though.

Really cool song Paul. Well done.😁🎶👊🏻🎶

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
  • Follow me on Instagram (@mayaclars)
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2021, 06:09:19 PM »
Beautiful vocals. The song has 60's style. It makes me wanna dance!
Very powerful and artistic! Melodically something as The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction.

Maya

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2021, 09:38:51 PM »
Hey @Paulski - this is great!! Soooooo bleedin' catchy!!

The absolute star for me is the vox and particularly the BVs - they are so cleverly constructed and give a great breadth to the sound.... well and that synth line with its slightly dark turn is magnificent... well, and the high piano motif.. Its, frankly, all top notch..

My favourite of yours that I've heard by far.. Just great!

Karen.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2021, 09:11:03 PM »
cheers all for listening and commenting

@adamfarr - thanks for the kind remarks Adam - yes the double entrendre was intended but they seldom work for me. Perhaps could be milked more IDK

@LostBoy thanks Leo - appreciate the nice comments. I bumped up the vocals as recommended - great feedback thanks! :D

@Maya Clars - cheers for that Maya - Never been called the rolling stones before but I'll take that comparison any day :D

@MonnoDB - thanks Karen - great to hear it worked for you :D

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2021, 01:19:39 PM »
Hello @Paulski,

Lovely instrumentation from the driving bass to the subtle piano then that really cool rhythm guitar.  The lead electric plays a fine riff too.  As always, it's all underpinned by a solid song.  Great to hear your production treatment of this one.  Fine riffs, a unique blend of playing styles and good songwriting.  I 'm hearing everything from The Beach boys too queen and much more besides.

Paul

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2021, 05:52:11 PM »
@Paulski 
Really liking this, like an updated 60's tune, especially with the BV's.
The sound is crisp, the bass cuts through, piano and guitars playfully doing it. And you vocals sound relaxed and spot on. And an orgy of psychedelic organs and synths.
Going to have another listen.
Catchy
:-)
neil
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 05:55:27 PM by Neil C »
songwriter of no repute..