How Much

• 17 Replies

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2021, 03:24:12 PM »
Hi Paul, well my ex partner’s mate opened a hair salon called Curl Up & Dye, and she was a bitter bitch too  ;D Actually the ‘How much’ section is very catchy, almost radio ready...but you probably won’t get on Radio Solent with this, even with a good word in from John.

I admire how you can channel your anger into a song though, in a controlled way, I mean it’s not 1977 anymore, if you’re gonna do it it has got to be with skill. Obviously you achieve this and I’m right behind you with my placard, I think we all need a good scream at the moment.

Some really enjoyable lyrics in there, I especially like how you developed the sheep theme, ending in mint sauce. Clever black humour, as I say, not just ranting.

Very punchy throughout, looking at the comments everyone is on board with the need to snarl a bit too, and you see to have captured a mood of the moment with this. Shame about the video though, with its paucity of dancing elves  ;D
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2021, 04:55:38 PM »
@PaulAds
Hi Paul, HNY! This is definitely in your style, some nice evocative chords and a snarly delivery. Anyway, even if things are bad, it could have been worse......Look across the pond.
Nice one mate, suits your vocal style and guitar sound.

Cheers

Jamie

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2021, 02:02:23 PM »
There have been songs with no chorus, songs with choruses that change, songs with choruses are follow on from the verses - and here comes one with about three choruses (or parts that could be choruses and on their own would be the highlights of other songs).

If I came for the hooks, I stayed for the craft - science and tyrants, hoarse, mint sauce, to name a few.

Sounds like a "fun" song to sing and produce - really we shouldn't be getting this from you for free.