How I Won Your Heart

• 18 Replies

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2020, 03:22:00 PM »
So sorry for the late response and bump...

@Wicked Deeds - cheers Paul "accomplished writing" - that comment made my day, though I beg to disagree :D

@MichaelA - thanks Michael - I do try to offer the best cheese :D Will think about moving to the third on that line - that might just work!

@pompeyjazz cheers John - yeah that second piano chord is an A with a G base - I kinda liked it too :D Thanks for the kind comments :D

@rightly - thank you kind sir! Yeah my guitar work is a work in progress I'm afraid. I brought down the level of the guitar and pushed it right - hopefully that doesn't distract as much.

@moraamarolaloba cheers Mora - agree it is a hopelessly romantic song - that's what I was going for :D

@montydog cheers Alan. It's funny that anything old-fashioned sounds Christmassy :D Agree it's not my best - hopefully not my worst :D

@kafla - thanks - "elegant" was a nice thing to hear :D

@Beebeesmith cheers for that - no obscure lyrics - at least not in this one :D Appreciate the kind words.

@Unclenny - thanks for listening - glad you like the vocals :D

@adamfarr cheers Adam. Yes maybe a lift IDK - it's a bit short for that. I know! I'll make it 5 mins longer! :D :D

@mickyplankton - thanks Micky - hard to get that lead Vox at the right level - I reduced it about three times - I'll take a look - as you say maybe needs to come back up in places.

@simonjol - thanks Simon - I'll take a Billy Joel reference anytime :D

@5 guys named Lars - cheers Lars's :D It helps on the piano when the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing :D

@ChrisPrice - cheers Chris - great feedback - appreciated!

Hope I didn't forget anyone - merry xmas to all :D

Paul

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2021, 09:12:52 PM »
Cheese you say? Nothing wrong with that and tbh I don't find this cheesy @Paulski - I find it sweet and lovely. Piano as always is top notch.. drums sound perfect when they come in. A very enjoyable listen I must say. Happy New Year!

K

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2021, 04:57:24 PM »
This is a perfectly crafted little melodic morsel! 👌 Beautifully formed👌 And I’ve no idea why, but I want to see Kermit’s nephew Robin (of half way up the stairs fame) sing this... I don’t know what was in that tea I was drinking!🥴
Sound formed in a vacuum may seem a waste of time...

Sullish

• Busker
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2021, 05:08:40 PM »
Enjoyed it, reminds me of a song you might hear in a movie.