• 6 Replies

oldhedgey

• Busker
« on: December 02, 2020, 10:17:27 AM »
Happy unlock down everyone.

WARNING: This song and video contains Threat, Detail, Intentions and Drugs
Song Title: Luna Rise   Lyrics and Melody    Tony North   
Vocals & Acoustic Guitar   Tony North
Choir Vocals     Danella Lambie & Nicole Craine      Local High School Students.

Why did I write this song?

I wrote this song because I believe that “Perception is the deception of reality, self-preservation and individual needs, are reality” No matter of morals, beliefs or judgement, you will in the some circumstance make choices that you may have to compromise with even if it is against what you feel. Luna Rise refers to a women’s sex profession during the evenings and nights of an urban town, As opposed to the sun rise of most working people Luna (Moon) Rising. It is another educational and controversial view on urban society cause song by Tony North (Armature Songwriter), about a single mum who compromises her morals, body and soul in order to provide a better quality of life for her daughter.

What are the aims of the song?

The aim of this song is for educational purpose that question our ability of making choices in our life and having to live with them. To judge someone’s morals or integrity without first understanding why? Would be denying yourself the freedom of making a choice to see things from another point of view. Even if you stand by your perceptive decision, belief or morals. It is our God given birth right to know why; Don’t waste it. 

What aspects of the song are you looking for comments?

I think anyone on or off this forum likes good positive comments especially with in the structure and lyrics of what they have written. If that can be balanced with a good story line that people can understand or even debate. No one can ask for more.     

Youtube Link     

Thank you
Stay Strong
Stay well

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 06:35:46 PM »
@oldhedgey

Your song is raw, hard, there is no word that softens it, what's more, it makes us see the images eyes full of distance, feeling sorry for her. Sorry? Why do we put ourselves on that side that separates us so much from that reality?

I think one of the reasons is for convenience. What happens to the other side is that it has to be like that, that's what they say ...

A sound observation: it seemed to me to notice that in a part of the song, in the video when the woman appears taking a line of cocaine, there is a decrease in volume?
For the rest I really liked listening to it and watching the video.
Very nice song and very special lyrics

Stay well

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

oldhedgey

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 09:40:33 AM »
Hi Mora
I really love your comments on this song your are a realist and a person that is not blinded by every day society  life. I know this by a simple sentence in your statement;
 " Why do we put ourselves on that side that separates us so much from that reality"? you have asked Why this will always take you to a higher level of thinking spectrum.
 The loss of sound on the cocaine was not intentional just a fault in sounded engineering sorry for the quality. Just a big thank you for your support. you have a strong mind.
God Bless you  Tony 

Unclenny

• Solo Gig
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 01:00:41 PM »
Interesting production. It is at the same time inspirational and disturbing........a good combination for something that is meant to open folk's eyes to the realities of life.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?band

oldhedgey

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 02:29:35 PM »
Hi Unclenny
Thank you for your comment it is very much appreciated. The realist part of this song is that it is true I know the person in the lyrics. I see many social issues people and circumstances that we prefer to ignore because there are quite often to close to home. But at the end of it all social causes do exist just the same as faming, war torn countries, dysentery and many other global problems. Our society sometime needs reminding that if we can't recognise and deal with local issues how can we save the rest of the world? 
Stay Strong
 Stay Well   
Tony     

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2020, 09:51:16 PM »
Very impactful.. such a strong message as with your last piece.. Love what you do!

Karen

oldhedgey

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2020, 09:07:45 AM »
Hi K
You may not believe this but I was waiting for your comments because I can tell from your music ( That a absolutely love vocals amazing along with the recording engineering mix) the person inside. Thank you so much this means a lot to me especially form someone with your talent. Please stay tuned for my last production which I will post in 14 days     
this one does not carry in warnings but should raise a tear. I think it will be the last one on the forum because I have no outlet for any other recordings. I have written many other social causes songs but I can't get some of the barriers that make a finished product. once again thank you Tony
Stay Strong
Stay Well
God Bless you