konalavadome

Advice Needed: Acoustic to Studio Album

• 1 Replies

Darlisto

• Busker
« on: December 01, 2020, 12:05:37 AM »
Hi there,

My name is Charlie, 29, a singer-songwriter from Belgium. I’ve recently finished writing my first album, being 10 acoustic numbers in the rock/jazz/soul genre.

I have written complete chord progressions and vocals for the verses, the pre-choruses, the choruses, and the bridge, and I’d love to have this acoustic album of 10 finished songs produced in digital form, and I’m not sure where to start. I have the following ideas so far:

- Hire a producer, through for example SoundBetter by Spotify Artists. This feels expensive for the whole album and I’m not sure how I’d go around picking a producer I barely know.
- Send a demo of my album to record labels/companies. Absolutely no experience with record labels and if/how they’d be able to help me, but just thinking out loud.

Every idea is so extremely welcome as I’m sure every insight that gets me thinking forward is gold at this time, as the confrontation feels quite big at the moment.

Thanks a lot for your input, means the world to me :)

Warmly,
Charlie

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 08:52:08 AM »
@Darlisto

First of all welcome to the forum

I offer a service where I could produce a “radio ready” versions of your songs and I have done this for many members of the forum - and it may not be as expensive as you think for me to turn your ideas in to a professional sounding track....

I will send you a Private Message via the forum

I would also be happy to answer any questions etc.

To point you in the right direction though - sending songs in written form to labels/publishers would be a complete waste of your time and energy

The market is so competitive nowadays that you need to send them a “radio ready” demo of a song that will be a guaranteed hit - and you are competing against the best in the business that already have a track record of hits (and all of the contacts) and also have unlimited access to the best studio gear and session musicians/singers

Your first step is to produce your own demo (either by me or another similar service) so that you have something tangible to demo your writing
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic