Bond Album - Finally Released... Please promote it

• 9 Replies

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« on: November 25, 2020, 08:51:18 PM »
Hey Forumites,

A brief pause from oiling floorboards here to let you know that, more than a year after the idea was floated (but still several months ahead of the film!), the Forum Bond album "Lots of Time to Die" is now live on streaming platforms, Bandcamp, etc.  I haven't checked them all but it's live on Deezer and I think it should be up there on Spotify, Apple Music etc by now.

Massive thanks to all the contributors @adamfarr @pompeyjazz @PaulAds @Wicked Deeds @Binladeda @Paulski @Neil C @Sterix @digger72 @LostBoy, and @Boydie for the mixing and mastering.  I think it's a great little showcase for the forum.

So whether you were part of it or not, please give it a listen and help us promote it.  It's available on Bandcamp for download for a donation (or for free if you are skint) and any proceeds we manage to drum up will go towards a children's cancer charity.

https://ukswf.bandcamp.com/album/lots-of-time-to-die

Contributors, you might notice I had to add subtitles to a couple of your tracks - this is because the streaming platforms don't let you have identical titles on the same album, nor include the artist name in the title (which is mad), so for a couple of them I made subtitles out of the first line of your lyrics.  Those of you who have iTunes profiles etc already should find the tracks also appearing against your own profiles there.

If/when the floorboards let me, I was going to try and create something we could use to raise awareness on Facebook etc, e.g. a 60-second video of the cover with samples of the tracks strung together or something.  If anyone else has time and fancies that task please put your hand up... maybe we could give it a push in the month or so before the film comes out.

OK - thanks again everyone... hope to be back here a bit more often soon and actually be doing some music and reviewing.
Pauly
It's all too beautiful.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 09:12:30 PM »
Nice one @PaulyX Thank you so much for all of your hard work. Hope you've stopped those floorboards squeaking now  :)

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 11:45:25 PM »
Plugging it on my Facebook music page.

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 08:58:06 AM »
Great job everyone - and well done for releasing it in to the wild @PaulyX
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 02:57:05 PM »
Fabulous stuff, all involved.

@PaulyX Next season of Strictly at yours' then?

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2020, 09:44:30 PM »
Well done everyone who took part...and massive thanks to @PaulyX for all his hard work putting this together.

It'd be great for the album to get a bit of support around the forum  ;)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2020, 01:49:49 PM »
Holy cow! Need to breathe. That's it. Deep breath...

Wow! Can't believe this. Thanks for all the effort you've put into this @PaulyX - as others have noted, you've put a lot work into this. I for one can't really describe how good I feel right at this moment! :D

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2020, 02:31:28 PM »
LOL! I'm so slow! Just realised my track is number (00)7! :P

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2020, 04:22:41 PM »
I'm happy to be a part of it guys! Thank you for putting it all together Pauly and well done everyone for some excellent music.😎🤵🏼🎶👊🏻🎶