Every 90 Minutes!

• 19 Replies

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2020, 09:27:52 AM »
@PeteS,

Such a well structured song.  Really good vocal here.  Well fingerpicked choice of chords.  I would love to hear the subdued fuzz guitar with limited effects. I think that would really enhance your productions.
Lyrically, a difficult subject to write about and brave to do so. 

Well,done

Paul

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2020, 06:49:52 PM »
Good songwriting.
Love the performances, and the production is great.
Good stuff!
                              -Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2020, 11:25:07 PM »
I liked the delicate guitaring in this and singer songwriter vulnerable vocals. But then there is real punch in the chorus helping you secure the powerful message of the main theme.

That’s the win of this song, the contrast between the delicate parts and the hard hitting parts. Great tension created guys, and assured songcraft on display. Lesser songwriters would have made a right pigs ear of such a sensitive subject. You got the balance just right for me, and got your point across without it being over pushy.

You continue to grow as songwriters and music makers seemingly with every release. Keep bringing the joy!
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2020, 09:17:53 PM »
@adamfarr Thanks Adam, I think you’ve picked up on everything we wanted to achieve. The vocal especially has been a struggle, both in terms of singing with emotion and then mixing it.  It’s not mixed perfectly but it’s heading in the right direction.

@MonnoDB Karen, what can I say to that, thank you so much.

@Wicked Deeds Thanks Paul, it is a difficult subject but the original material felt so important I couldn’t let it go and fortunately, Neil agreed and rose to the challenge.  I’ll take a look at that fuzz guitar but I really wanted to make the big impact as it comes in.

@IronKnee thanks, appreciate the compliments. 

@MichaelA really appreciate the comments. Thankyou so much for the compliments.
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

Grubstar

• Open Mic
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2020, 03:54:29 PM »
HI @PeteS

Lyrically a very sensitive and oh so sad subject matter that you have handled very well.Excellent piece of songwriting, production and arranging very impressive.