Mr Heartache

• 13 Replies

Wicked Deeds

« on: November 29, 2020, 12:49:06 PM »
Mr Heartache, what's it's about?  Well, don't let me destroy the magic.  I think it's fair to say that I have gone through many years writing gentle, introspective songs often reflective of a very unsettled time in my life.  However, something has happened and I have grown stronger every day.  I feel that my musical mojo has returned and this is reflected in some of the songs/productions that are starting to see the light of day.  It's hasn't quite been two weeks since my last song so I hope it's ok to publish this one.  "I can almost hear the beams of light say "Mr, move along."

https://soundcloud.com/pvasey1/mr-heartache-1-mastered

Mr Heartache

Hey, don't be surprised if I pass you in the street.
You shouldn't be surprised if I ignore you.
People come and go, taking what they need. 
It's always been the same throughout the ages.

The sun that keeps the day alive 'aint' happy 'til you're gone.
I can almost hear the beams of light say "Mr, move along."

Hey, don't be surprised if I choose to walk alone.
I'm smarting from the foolish truths I told you.

Mr Heartache, Mr Heartache,
Content to steal the moon to find a keep-sake.

Hey don't be surprised if we never talk again.
That may just be the case though I adored you.

Written by Paul Vasey October 20120

https://soundcloud.com/pvasey1/mr-heartache-1-mastered
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 01:08:52 PM by Wicked Deeds »

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 01:00:11 PM »
Hola @Wicked Deeds

I have read your post and the lyrics ... I liked both things, your presentation / explanation $ introduction of the song and the story ... But I do not see the link to your song ... Maybe I have not understood well and it is just a preview of the track?

Have a nice day and stay safe!!! I know many Mr.Heartache, vampires of light to do what they like to do, suffer hahahaha

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 01:05:17 PM »
Hello @moraamarolaloba, thank you.  I've restored the link. 

thank you

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 01:10:54 PM »
Thank you @Wicked Deeds

I really liked the color of the audio, the reverb gives it a special frame ... and the backing, especially that guitar and the bass, give it the rhythm of the street ... The low sound appearing from time to time accentuate the dark personality of Mr Heartache ....

I love this phrase ....

"The sun that keeps the day alive 'aint' happy 'til you're gone."

Que tengas buen día!!!

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

Unclenny

• Solo Gig
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2020, 02:45:26 PM »
Loving the sound of that guitar and the way this tune moves. Yeah...definitely some musical mojo with this one.

Great ending.....playing it again.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?band

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2020, 08:11:59 PM »
Hi @Wicked Deeds You sure are on a roll at the moment Paul and I'm loving what I'm hearing. That riff is a killer for sure and I love that deep bass. There's also great use of light and shade. Another top quality offering  :)

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2020, 04:40:13 PM »
Wow yes, very cool riff - and then you’ve kept that beat going in quite a minimalistic way. That helps when you bring the guitar back for the chorus, as even though it’s kind of delicate it has a lot of impact too. Nice guest appearances from the various instruments all the way through.

The song is over in no time and draws you back immediately for a replay. It’s got quite a unique sound to it that for some reason reminded me of old Jazz trios. Kind of felt like it should be played in a smoke filled bar in front of all the cool cats of town. Very infectious it is, with a great beat and accomplished pop lyrics that you can sing along too by the end. Good ‘un, our kid! 👍
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Grubstar

• Open Mic
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2020, 03:11:08 PM »
Hi @Wicked Deeds
This is really great I really enjoyed it, the guitar riff and deep bass are fabulous and you vocals are 1st class. The song is very infectious and does have a sort of retro early 60s poppy old school feel  which is brilliant, loved it and I'm glad you,ve got your mojo back.

Kafla

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2020, 09:41:18 AM »
You are on a roll Paul...the tone of that guitar is gorgeous...

All your lastest songs sound connected both musically and lyrically...would make a great album ;)

Its got a lovely jingle-jangle rythmn...and a swagger in the melody that threatens to pull down Mr Heartaches pants!

Love it!

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2020, 11:13:23 AM »
@moraamarolaloba, I'm having fun exploring different ways of writing and recording. "the sun that keeps the day alive'  is a simple observation' but it is typically of how I write. I never labour over lyrics, they literally drop from the sky as If they have always been there waiting to be collected.

Paul

@Unclenny, thanks for the repeated listens.  An advantage of writing a short song, it invites the listener to revisit for another listen.

Paul

@MichaelA

I wanted the bass to  be the star of this song.  interestingly, I'm rediscovering my love of guitar. I found a nice Jazz guitar tone and kept it simple but locked into the rhythm of the song to add an extra something to the musical pallete  of the song. Thank you for noticing the lyrics :-)

Paul

@Grubstar,

Mojo come and mojos go. Mine is definitely back my friend! 😀😀😀😀😀

Paul

@pompeyjazz ,

Hello John, I think that you above all people have followed my writing with great interest and have been the first to acknowledge that I have embarked upon a new journey of discovery.  Thank you my friend.

Paul

@Kafla,

I'm really fond of the songs that I have previously written but something new and positive has definitely sprung to life. I remember reading  a Damien rice interview when he released his 2nd album that ploughed the same rich field as his first album, though very introspective and dark.  He said that he needed to write those dark and melodic songs.  That's exactly how it has been for me. I couldn't move forward until that voice had expressed itself fully.   it's impossible to emerge from a marriage/relationship of 26 years without having a million thoughts and feelings to comment upon. A whirlwind of destructive emotions, angst and frustrations  take hold of an individual. Those feelings throw you against every hard surface until nothing remains but a battered shell. If you are lucky, a new person emerges and new light shines upon your world.  New life then begins to  spring from your writing.

Paul

« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 11:16:41 AM by Wicked Deeds »

simonjol

• Busker
  • Love to write and discuss music :)
    • The Confederation
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2020, 03:17:38 PM »
hey that's a very interesting lyric, very visual metaphors which i love in lyrics. I also really like the guitar refrain on this. Great song, nice work :)

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2020, 07:26:10 PM »
Really cool riffs and groove, intriguing lyrics that draw you in... it’s got a slight rockabilly feel to it and I really want to hear Imelda May sing this! Nice tune sir!👌
Sound formed in a vacuum may seem a waste of time...

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2020, 10:10:03 PM »
Hey Paul, hope all is good with you.  This song suggests it is!  It felt funkier and more stripped back than a lot of yours I have heard, but that suited you just as well.  Lovely bass melodies going on.  At first I wasn't sure about the occasional synth sound that came in once or twice but I liked it by the end.  Very hip track with a compelling rhythm, which (if I wasn't already in bed) I am sure would have had me cutting some rug.
It's all too beautiful.

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2020, 03:30:12 PM »
@Wicked Deeds

Hi Paul,
"Content to steal the moon to find a keep-sake" - what a line! Loved the musical setting especially the bass line and the guitar fills later on in the song. Catchy and bouncy with a dark undertow. Thoughtful, incise writing and a perfect production as usual.
M