• 5 Replies

alcapone_dudu

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 06:50:20 PM »
Lyrics:

Don’t mind my attitude towards you
It’s hard to live the moment when there’s nothing for you
Sitting on a golden chair means nothing these days
If I was up to move a finger and get it done by today!

Declare upon my act it’s a matter of fact
Bridges are burning all around and so fast
My empty glass is now my main enemy
Waiting for tomorrow is no more of a choice for me!

chorus:
Yeah my last rock n’ roll
Once I was a king and you were standing bellow
Yeah my last rock n’ roll
I’ll make you dance and stand on your toes!

Two plus one by now isn’t just three
I’ve already counted all the stars that can be
Excuse my dirty manners and suit yourself
The rage of my staff is the last thing you will tell!

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 08:55:39 PM »
Liked it. It reminded me of some Zappa stuff. Some tight playing. Only crit I had was that the vocals stood out in the mix a bit but apart from that a cracking song

bigFishAndTheSmallPondets

• Open Mic
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 08:39:06 AM »
This sounds to me like classic garage rock. A bit like MC5, for example. Do hope you'll take that as a compliment.

There's so much wonderful energy and excitement here. Proper rock 'n' roll played as it should be. Extremely tight and passionate with some absolutely brilliant playing. Really enjoyed the song, as a whole. The riff also is killer. Very well done.

I really hope you won't mind if I share with you some thoughts about the production. In my opinion, the vocal part sounds just a little timid. If you can find a way to really go for it and belt it out a little more then I feel that would enhance the song. I also would love to hear some more of that great lead guitar in the right channel. This might help to fill out the sound a bit more (not just after the solo but throughout the song). Finally - and I really am sorry to nitpick - but I think I heard a slight interruption at around 2:15. Is it worth exporting the audio once again, see if you can avoid that? Just an idea.

Once again, I really enjoyed this. Great stuff. Well done.

alcapone_dudu

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 06:06:14 PM »
Liked it. It reminded me of some Zappa stuff. Some tight playing. Only crit I had was that the vocals stood out in the mix a bit but apart from that a cracking song

Thank you, Pompey. Your input means lot and is much appreciated.

alcapone_dudu

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2020, 06:09:36 PM »
This sounds to me like classic garage rock. A bit like MC5, for example. Do hope you'll take that as a compliment.

There's so much wonderful energy and excitement here. Proper rock 'n' roll played as it should be. Extremely tight and passionate with some absolutely brilliant playing. Really enjoyed the song, as a whole. The riff also is killer. Very well done.

I really hope you won't mind if I share with you some thoughts about the production. In my opinion, the vocal part sounds just a little timid. If you can find a way to really go for it and belt it out a little more then I feel that would enhance the song. I also would love to hear some more of that great lead guitar in the right channel. This might help to fill out the sound a bit more (not just after the solo but throughout the song). Finally - and I really am sorry to nitpick - but I think I heard a slight interruption at around 2:15. Is it worth exporting the audio once again, see if you can avoid that? Just an idea.

Once again, I really enjoyed this. Great stuff. Well done.

Thank you very much! The vocals are really something we're struggling with. None os us are singers so that's what you get. We will keep trying until we get it right.

I do thank you guys for keeping up with my stuff. I know sometimes I go off the edges. hahaha