konalavadome

Au Revoir

• 20 Replies

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2020, 03:41:07 PM »
I was going to say, "Oh man! That was just lovely!" and then I saw @LostBoy beat me to it. It was kind of like something from the Lawrence Welk Show, only much better. I absolutely loved the piano (well, all the instrumental stuff, but the piano was at the top of my list). I second everyone else's complimentary remarks.

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2020, 03:28:15 PM »
Hi Paul,

I can see Ginger Rodgers and Fred Astaire dancing to this in a 1930's black and white film. It's the simple things that are difficult in songwriting - making the melody, lyrics and arrangement match up and support each other and this has that in spades. Melody sounds like it's always been there - effortless lyrical style is perfect for the tune. What a wonderful thing you have produced.
M

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2020, 12:07:46 PM »
This is brilliant! I’m transported to sitting outside a cafe in the south of France with a cold glass of rosé wine, people watching... absolutely nailed the vibe, great vocal and love the brushes too! ‘Garçon, une autre s’il vous plaît’ lights up a Gauloise... ahhh
Sound formed in a vacuum may seem a waste of time...

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2020, 08:39:59 PM »
Great throwback.. instrumentation is spot on for the genre.. great vocal as always.. Just perfectly executed... I loved this to bits... and when those bvs come in with the twinkling keys in the background - just lovely!

K

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2020, 07:34:52 PM »
Sorry for the late bump - thank-you's are overdue.

@Wicked Deeds cheers Paul - hope your missus likes it OK. I was hoping for a French vibe in the music as well as the lyrics :D

@CaliaMoko thanks Vicky - When I was a kid I used to think Lawrence Welk was for squares. I guess I've become one :D Cheers for listening and commenting on the piano.

@montydog Thanks Alan - very kind of you :D Happy goodbyes are rare but I guess this one is. Saying goodbye to Covid-19 will also be one. :D

@man made material - good forum name! Merci beaucoup kind sir :D

@MonnoDB Cheer Karen - "twinkling keys" made my day :D

Thanks again everyone - now I'll let her sink....

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2020, 09:12:00 PM »
@Paulski,
Wow, this is a work of art. I love the chord progressions and the vocal is superb. The backing vocals are great too - just enough without over-cooking it. I'm new here and I'm finding some very talented people.  :)