konalavadome

the wife popped out, so why not .....ive a new song :)

• 21 Replies

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2020, 04:44:42 PM »
Thanks, another Garageband user, excellent!.  The vocal sounds really rich, a lot to dom with your voice but what did you add?  Compression?  Reverb?  multiple tracks?
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2020, 06:47:07 PM »
Ahhhhh i used waves plugin chris lord alge.....you heard of it?

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2020, 11:26:13 PM »
Thanks Seb, I hadn't heard of it but I've had a look and I think I may well give it a try!  Waves have so many good plugins it's hard to keep up!
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2020, 11:21:33 AM »
Hi Seb,

Top tune. Great Indie vibe.

Thought the vocal was high quality and genuine. Could hear the desperation.
Lyrically strong.
1 man & a guitar goes a long way.  :)

Digger

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2020, 10:29:27 AM »
Yikes, too late... that's quite a thing to take on board.

You make a great full sound with just guitar and vocals, very impressive.

I thought a couple of lyrics didn't totally scan well - "what he was doing"  "i-important". Though of course it's not supposed to be all sweet and smooth...

"Suicide layby" is a fantastic line - a whole story in two words. I like the switching of point of view from him to I - but maybe there's something more to say about what he was doing there from his point of view? (that I was drawn in to hear more is a good thing!)

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2020, 08:23:58 AM »
@digger72 thanks for the nice comment. Sometines 1 man and his guitar is simple yet effective.

@adamfarr yeah the too late part is earie and sad! Glad that came across.
I understand what youre saying about the lyrics not sitting right but i think in the song it works, like you say its switching from him to i, the line "its only important when its black" is referring to suicide layby person, that it didnt matter untill he was in that position....you know a "dark place" it quite confusing lol ive spent 5 days trying work out whay I was saying haha. Glad you liked it though:)

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2020, 07:23:22 PM »
@Sebandme
There's really lots to like here, from the acoustic to the lovely vocals.
And whilst I like brevity and think this could longer, so I'm going to play it again.
Anthemic
:-)
neil
songwriter of no repute..