konalavadome

The Silence

• 24 Replies

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2020, 01:21:36 PM »
Thanks @PaulAds!  I felt that there was enough going on to sustain the length but as you say if someone doesn’t like it then the length doesn’t matter.   

You’re right about albums, we describe it as the last track on the album.  Feels like a good way to leave a musical collection with a ballad and the length doesn’t really matter then. 
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2020, 02:02:01 PM »
@PeteS

Hi, this is a great song, it starts slowly and creates a vibe that carries building through the song. Really enjoyed it and I would say its the best thing I've heard from you 8). Somebody mentioned Dave Gilmour, I'd go with that too!

Cheers

Jamie

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2020, 06:54:26 PM »
Hi Pete,

Great opening. creates a nice sense of foreboding which the pad adds a nice tension to.
The guitar that sits beneath adds nicely to this.
As the song develops I think the vocal then starts to offer a nice chink of light despite the overall feeling of world weariness.

Really good track and production.

Digger

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2020, 05:50:55 AM »
Wow.  This is the second song I listened to on this visit, and both are incredible.  VERY listenable.  Another song I could add to my playlist and never think it fails to live up to my favorite songs.  What a lucky day for me to visit here and find two songs so powerful and 'right.'
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2020, 10:57:53 AM »
Great piano and vocals, and I really like the heavier variations and the horns which keep the interest going. You really manage to convey the emotion. Lyrics are quite conversational, and feel authentic for not trying to be overpoetic.

I would have to say that I'm in the camp feeling it would be a touch better with a minute trimmed off, but that's a taste thing and I also agree that it's your best that I I've heard!

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2020, 05:50:32 PM »
the lyrics are excellent in this!!! very well written. Definitely a pink Floyd sound here, maybe because of the voice but definitely the chord progression lent that way also. decent effort on the piano too! good job guys I enjoyed it.

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2020, 07:56:38 PM »
@Jamie Thanks Jamie, another for Gilmour eh? Never a pink Floyd fan tbh so I’ll have to give him a more detailed listen!

@digger72 thanks Digger, you really got what I wanted  People to feel from it. Glad you liked it 8)

@hardtwistmusic Thanks but where have you been, you’ve clearly missed a lot of great music.  Welcome back and I’m glad you liked it. 

@adamfarr Horns Adam, nope, just guitars with no vib. Emotion is the key, most of you will know that I struggle to improve the vocal and emotion is the thing I’ve worked on most so thanks mentioning it.

@Sebandme Cheers Seb from Neil for the lyrics, all I do is take his drivel and turn it into something musical  ;D ;D

New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2020, 08:22:38 AM »
I've been here, but I'm pretty quiet about it.  Been busy, and I've been focussing on improving old music instead of writing new music. 

And, I'm really just a glorified lyricist with pretentious hopes of being taken seriously with music.  Not much here anymore for a lyricist. 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2020, 11:01:07 AM »
@PeteS  Hi,Liking the different approach here, good chord choices and I like it when you select the melodic variations.
And the way it grows.
Weighty
:-)
neil 
songwriter of no repute..

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2020, 07:09:32 AM »
Thanks Neil, it probably took more work than any other song I’ve written.  The melodic variations took a lot of that time as I wanted it to keep changing as it progressed through what is clearly a long song.