konalavadome

The Roses of Luck

• 20 Replies

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« on: October 20, 2020, 08:05:55 PM »
I made this song several months ago, the virus had not yet appeared ... What things!
I was not very satisfied with the level of the voice but otherwise I think the mix is quite balanced.
The microphone I used was a Rhode K2 and if I compare it to the one I use now, a Neuman TLM103 it is very different in terms of lows and mid-lows but all are moments ...

I always work with the Logic Pro X audio editor
I think it is a very intuitive tool, I handle it perfectly hahahaha

The song portrays an interior scene that, without being it, has something of baroque.
I hope it entertains you.

I know that my accent makes it difficult to understand my lyrics but as they are below the video you will understand what I am singing.

Take care

Leaning
to the window
of my daily life

Leaning
to the window
of my daily life

I stay there
without words
no concepts
or thoughts

watching how the wind ruffles the living things
and goes around the corners

While the clock sounds
I get lost in my mind
asking me
asking me
how many things
does a thought mean

how many invented words
has the soul

I am only eyes
that look at me
and are filled with moments
that wet my retina  x2

Leaning to the window
of my daily life

Leaning to the window
of my daily life

Watching how the wind ruffles the living things
abd goes around the corners

and sometimes
sometimes
sometimes removes
thorns
from the roses of my luck

and sometimes
sometimes
sometimes removes
thorns
from the roses of my luck
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 09:06:50 PM »
Hi there,

Nice and dynamic musically. Lots going on...very cool!😄🎶👊🏻🎶 interesting lyrics and I like the little tricks u do with the vocal delays in places....I like the “goes around the corners” parts.😄👍🏻

The video is cool too and is artwork on its own. 🙌🏻I’m curious about doing some music videos for my songs, could you please give me some advice on where to get good stock footage shots from?

As for the vocal level, too my ears it only seems a little loud when u sing the “leaning to the window of my daily life” parts....when all the music comes in I think the vocal sits nicely.

I hope that helps. Nice song...nice window.🤪🎶👊🏻🎶😄

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 08:37:24 AM »
That is a unique thought @moraamarolaloba about the thorn in the roses of your luck. I would also understand your English anyway, so I don’t think you should worry too much about your accent. Your voice sounds very distinctive and very much suits the style of your compositions. It sounds even deeper, I would say, with that particular microphone.

A very dreamy piece, almost hypnotic. Very enjoyable for me  :D
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 08:46:53 AM »
Blimey @moraamarolaloba Yet another completely unique sounding number that has been cleverly put together. I'm loving the beats and jazz fusion elements to this one and how you've kept it relatively lo-fi. There are some interesting twists and turns of direction as well. I always listen to the music without the video first in order to be objective just about the music but I must say that the video is a bit of a masterpiece in itself. As others have said, it would be fascinating to know how you get your videos together. Another top piece of work  :)

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 08:15:45 PM »
Hi there,

Nice and dynamic musically. Lots going on...very cool!😄🎶👊🏻🎶 interesting lyrics and I like the little tricks u do with the vocal delays in places....I like the “goes around the corners” parts.😄👍🏻

The video is cool too and is artwork on its own. 🙌🏻I’m curious about doing some music videos for my songs, could you please give me some advice on where to get good stock footage shots from?

As for the vocal level, too my ears it only seems a little loud when u sing the “leaning to the window of my daily life” parts....when all the music comes in I think the vocal sits nicely.

hola @LostBoy

Gracias!!!
Lately I have a lot of problems finding footage if I Googlem everything is in the hands of footage companies and they have repeated or very similar material.
I search on Youtube, especially landscapes, skies, seas, countryside, horizons, forests, cities, streets, people ... Ouf! A lot of work but I get interesting things.
However, I do search for the photos on Google as "free wall paper" or "free" whatever, I give them the 1920x1080 HD measurements and I am on the lookout for what I need.
The rest and mostly I do it with myself, I am my main footage, my actress, singer and extra ...
I use Adobe Premiere Pro CC, a fantastic tool very useful and intuitive. It all depends on your Ram

Kafla

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2020, 12:02:57 PM »
Hola @moraamarolaloba  :)

Another cleverly crafted and arranged ambient masterpiece - a little bit more autehnic electrnoica and thats right up my street!

There used to be a girl on here Alice that did very simmilar music to you - she created all her own samples which I dont know if you do...

Anyway loved it!

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2020, 07:43:26 PM »
That is a unique thought @moraamarolaloba about the thorn in the roses of your luck. I would also understand your English anyway, so I don’t think you should worry too much about your accent. Your voice sounds very distinctive and very much suits the style of your compositions. It sounds even deeper, I would say, with that particular microphone.

A very dreamy piece, almost hypnotic. Very enjoyable for me  :D

Hola @MichaelA

I really appreciate this comment, sometimes I have been able to feel ridiculous.
Stay safe!!

Mora

Stau safe

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2020, 07:46:37 PM »
Blimey @moraamarolaloba Yet another completely unique sounding number that has been cleverly put together. I'm loving the beats and jazz fusion elements to this one and how you've kept it relatively lo-fi. There are some interesting twists and turns of direction as well. I always listen to the music without the video first in order to be objective just about the music but I must say that the video is a bit of a masterpiece in itself. As others have said, it would be fascinating to know how you get your videos together. Another top piece of work  :)

Thank you @pompeyjazz
Me too have to listen to my music closed eyes, if I listen watching the vid it seems different, the attention loses concentration but... Mora the painter wants to exist too.

Muchas gracias, cuídate.

Mora

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2020, 07:52:46 PM »
Hi there,

hola @LostBoy

Gracias!!!
Lately I have a lot of problems finding footage if I Googlem everything is in the hands of footage companies and they have repeated or very similar material.
I search on Youtube, especially landscapes, skies, seas, countryside, horizons, forests, cities, streets, people ... Ouf! A lot of work but I get interesting things.
However, I do search for the photos on Google as "free wall paper" or "free" whatever, I give them the 1920x1080 HD measurements and I am on the lookout for what I need.
The rest and mostly I do it with myself, I am my main footage, my actress, singer and extra ...
I use Adobe Premiere Pro CC, a fantastic tool very useful and intuitive. It all depends on your Ram
Hola @moraamarolaloba  :)

Another cleverly crafted and arranged ambient masterpiece - a little bit more autehnic electrnoica and thats right up my street!

There used to be a girl on here Alice that did very simmilar music to you - she created all her own samples which I dont know if you do...

Anyway loved it!

I don't know Alice, I think ...
I work mixing samples from Logic Pro X with samples that I generate with my midi keyboard through the Alchemy.
I also transform logic samples many times, cut them, mix them up and put FX on them. I also play with the delay, an invisible instrument. hahaha
Thank you. If you remember a song by Alice here in the forum, please pass me the link.

In the meantime, take care.

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2020, 04:27:00 PM »
@moraamarolaloba ... Another enchanting creation - and another vote for extra special parts ‘going around the corners’ - just lovely.

I really like your accent and pronunciation - it’s part of the whole package and I would not be self conscious about it at all. I’d miss it if you suddenly starting singing in a more neutral accent!! (Well perhaps I would say that having a fairly strong accent myself 😆😃😃).

Re levels agree the only place that i thought you cld adjust is the ‘leaning...’ lines. Maybe bring them down a little.

Superb as always.. and yes cool video too!!

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2020, 01:59:45 PM »
@moraamarolaloba ... Another enchanting creation - and another vote for extra special parts ‘going around the corners’ - just lovely.

I really like your accent and pronunciation - it’s part of the whole package and I would not be self conscious about it at all. I’d miss it if you suddenly starting singing in a more neutral accent!! (Well perhaps I would say that having a fairly strong accent myself 😆😃😃).

Re levels agree the only place that i thought you cld adjust is the ‘leaning...’ lines. Maybe bring them down a little.

Superb as always.. and yes cool video too!!

Hola

I appreciate your words very much, lately I am full of doubts, paralyzed, and I do my work as a routine that ties me to reality, I believe that the same thing happens to many of us 'cause of this world nightmare.

Big kiss for you @MonnoDB

Grubstar

• Open Mic
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2020, 02:50:13 PM »
Hola Mora

Another fabulous electronic soundscape on which you sing your poetically evocative  lyrics. I also thought your video was absolutely brilliant and although you have given us an insight into how you produce them I am still at a loss as to how you can create such brilliant images, you really are a true artist.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2020, 01:50:16 PM »
@moraamarolaloba

Hi Mora, really like the adventurous soundscape you have created for this and the vocal effects you have employed. The electric drums fit the song perfectly and your imaginative lyrics and video support the whole package, oh and of course the usual lovely guitar parts ;).
Nice one!

Cheers

Jamie

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2020, 01:11:34 PM »
Hola Mora

Another fabulous electronic soundscape on which you sing your poetically evocative  lyrics. I also thought your video was absolutely brilliant and although you have given us an insight into how you produce them I am still at a loss as to how you can create such brilliant images, you really are a true artist.

wow!!! Hmmm Thank you very much, I always say that, in my case, ignorance makes me daring

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2020, 01:15:41 PM »
@moraamarolaloba

Hi Mora, really like the adventurous soundscape you have created for this and the vocal effects you have employed. The electric drums fit the song perfectly and your imaginative lyrics and video support the whole package, oh and of course the usual lovely guitar parts ;).
Nice one!

Cheers

Jamie

Hola @Jamie Thank you!!
Many times I have a hard time finding drums or beats that I like, that drag me to compose, but almost always I find, if not what I'm looking for something similar, mixing the rhythm of a drum machine with loops or samples that I generate with the Alchemy.
The guitar of. Marcus is always fantastic