I'm Your Your Man - Sebandme Are You Serious Remix

• 16 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« on: October 15, 2020, 08:03:50 PM »
Sebandme's music strikes a chord for me, and usually hear a different mix, one of my favourites for the year.

The LVox was a live track with the acoustic gtr, and I would work better with a dry Vox only, because if I EQ'd the Vox, the gtr would be affected too, I tried many EQ approaches with the resultant curves looking more like a contorted Nessie with plastic food poisoning, trying to cut the offending frequencies from the Guitar, but they were way too close to the LVox, so I asked Seb to maybe do another take for the LVox, which he kindly did, but to my ears that lacked the passion of the original, so I used it to the Chorus to add contrast and weight.

The Original LVox track has CLA-2, Soundtoys EchoBoy, Arturia EMT plate verb and a convology Reverse Verb at the end (on the same track, just cut and placed on the object - a great feature of Samplitude)

The Fretless bass was DI's with a Plugin Alliance Ampeg Pro sim, Two notes speaker sim, then a Soundtoys Microshift smidgen, then Plugin Alliance Shadow hills class A compressor (at the end would you believe).

Mastered in DAW with plugin alliance Townhouse Buss compressor and the Waves L3 to up the loudness a bit, comes out at 10.3 LUFS

Thanks Seb. And thanks for listening, gloves off as usual, hope you like it.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 08:35:02 PM by cowparsleyman »

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 08:39:28 PM »
@cowparsleyman thankyou for taking the time to listen and help out with remixing. This song i wrote Aug 2018 took me 20 mins and recorded the original as i wrote it so performance was in the moment if that makes sense.....definitely a challenge to replicate :/

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 08:45:48 PM »
@Sebandme - you’re welcome...Goodness, i never knew, that explains a lot, also your guitar playing reflects the passion, and no errors either...It’s a very common occurrence that the first take is the best, the sax solo on Bluebird on Band on the Run was the first of many...

A beautiful piece, 20 mins...inspired...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 08:51:10 PM by cowparsleyman »

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 12:51:07 PM »
@cowparsleyman @Sebandme
Hi guys, this is great.The vocals and melody are sublime and the guitar chords are right up my street. Loved it!

Cheers

Jamie

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 10:52:04 PM »
Lovely pristine mix and awesome song.  Like CPM I am a big fan of Seb's output.  I'm going to say something similar to what I said about the original though: the section from around 1:25 is buried treasure, and it still is in this mix.  That's a sublime hooky section with an awesome melody, and is an epic chorus in the making.  To me, this will still feel like a demo until 1) the song gets to that bit more quickly, and 2) that section repeats at least once later in the song. So I still love it, but I think this could be really epic with some structural surgery as well as the remix.  Make the outro the chorus, and I'll be getting my lighter out to wave it slowly in the air when you play this at my local stadium.
It's all too beautiful.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 03:16:20 AM »
Love the vocals and melody lines.
Acoustic guitar sounds great too.
I'm hearing some clipping? Could just be my cans IDK. :D

Paul

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2020, 05:37:06 PM »
@Sebandme, @cowparsleyman,

Beautiful song that conveys  every possible ounce of emotion.  Great clarity to the production too.  The highlight is your fantastic vocal. This tugs on the heart strings. Great bass sound though I would have changed aspects of the playing here and there to further compliment this beautiful song.  Probably just my own interpretation as we all hear  a slightly different direction that might be taken.  Overall, it's a Great production Rich.

Paul
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 06:15:36 PM by Wicked Deeds »

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2020, 06:24:33 PM »
@Jamie  Thanks Jamie, glad you like it.

@PaulyX It is indeed an awsome song, to me it's one of those that doesn't need too many of anything to get the point across, It's a heartfelt statement to music, rather than a full blown song, to me it would lose it's passion if it went on any more. Beleive me it was hard to play the bass and hold a lighter...

@Paulski - Yeah, sublime aren't they, (The acoustic gtr, is actually 3 takes finely blended to sound like 1...took quite a bit of EQ on the LVox gtrto get to sound like that...

@Wicked Deeds - Spot on Paul, I had a few options for bass ideas, the song is very short, and I wanted to get some kind of rhtymn in it, hence the pumping bass line at 1:25  to try and give that part some structure. Can you elabortate on how you would have done it, as I'm still open to ideas...
I appreciate your comment re the production, that's really something, thank Paul.

Kafla

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2020, 06:47:24 PM »
Ah the original first take when no one was listening ended up to be the best I could sing and play it dilemma 😂

I always go with that take , every time , every time !

And I am sure you @cowparsleyman can hear those little frequency farts...

But I can’t

All I can hear is one unbelievably emotional honest and heartfelt song , delivered straight from the heart ❤️

You see you can’t really produce that...it just happens...with a lot of talent and a lot of soul

The trick is to capture that moment and just let it shine...

Which you have done 👏🏻

I totally , totally love this boys

Bravo @Sebandme & @cowparsleyman

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2020, 06:49:39 PM »
Hi Rich,

There are some delightful bass parts. I know how hard it can be to create rhythm within a song. I'd keep the bass loose rather than highlight contrasting sections with the pounding bass section. I think it would be fine had you included a drum track. For now, I'd weave the bass into the rhythm of the acoustic. It's only a brief  section. I know you won't be short of ideas but I'd be more than happy to send ideas when I get a little time.

Paul

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2020, 01:57:04 PM »
@cowparsleyman

I love this song, it has a so special sound! Really enjoyable this morning for me.

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2020, 02:13:43 PM »
Hi Guys,

Cracking song.
I could imagine the Stereophonics performing this.

Loving the intimacy of the recording.
Sounds perfect to me; Good honest music and performance.

Digger

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2020, 05:58:44 PM »
Nice subtle touches to this Rich, but you’ve let the blissfully simple quality of the original shine through and retain its raw edge. Just shows what a tiny sprinkling of magic dust can do when applied with sensitive restraint.  ;)
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

AnitaFox

• Open Mic
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2020, 08:35:59 PM »
Hey,
Haven't been on here for a while but just opened my soundcloud for the first time in months and this was the first thing that met me.  I absolutely love it!
Great work.  It feels so raw.  Just fabulous.
Congrats

A

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2020, 08:54:07 AM »
Oh yes, his is rather lovely. I love the rawness of the vocal, full of emotion. I love the way that you have kept this simple. It's just so effective. Fab work both of you  :)