konalavadome

new song-Why would you do that?

• 33 Replies

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2020, 05:53:32 PM »
I always expect the unexpected from you @Jamie very niche I thought! lyrically is very good, the questions are brilliant, simple but give so much room to the listener...... love the drum beat also that's a good funky rhythm :)

excellent production too !!!

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2020, 05:18:16 PM »
@Sebandme

Thanks for listening! I don’t necessarily start out to be unexpected ;), but I try to be creative ;) 8). Yes lyrics are pretty personal, I always think the phrasing and sound of the words is more important than storytelling, but I know many would disagree :o.  Glad you got something from it!

Cheers

Jamie

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2020, 11:51:03 AM »
Hi Jamie,

Another very fine creation.

Loving the clarity on the vocals.
Some great sounds in there coming in at 2.13.
Well chosen synth sounds.

Thom Yorke/Radiohead is a bit of love/hate for me. Their more straight forward indie/rock stuff - really like. (Paranoid Android, Just, Creep, etc.)The self indulgent stuff - does tend to induce sleep.
Can't remember if it was Glastonbury or Leeds/Reading festival, but they spent the first hour or so sending me to sleep then finally played the "good stuff" (For me any how.)

Digger

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2020, 01:08:30 PM »
@digger72

Hi, Great comments D, you have a knack of making great choices for instrumentation and production, so I'm delighted with the comments. Radiohead are probably my favourite band..... 8), but even I find some of their more recent stuff impenetrable  :P. I do like pretty much all of 'A moon shaped pool" which I would guess is the stuff that sends you to sleep ;) ;D.

Cheers

Jamie