konalavadome

new song-Why would you do that?

• 33 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2020, 06:07:30 PM »
@Jamie - Yes and an the others left me cold when they were at their peak, however I know how they should sound, and Jamie this could sit easily on any of their albums.

The production is really spacious, lots of energy, and room for each instrument, nice little sparkles all the way through, not a lot of one thing, so key in a song like this.

What on earth is that echoy synth starting :@ 2:35 ish, really like the atonal ending.

Your vocal style suits the song really well.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 04:06:37 PM by cowparsleyman »

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2020, 07:53:17 AM »
 I`ve never flirted with prog rock before but your melodies are always so strong they pull you in. Really excellent production @Jamie ..the synth pad? & backing vocals sit just right alongside the other instruments , its harder than it sounds but you make it work & the vocal is strong too. Good stuff. :)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2020, 08:51:42 AM »
Hi @Jamie I don't know how I missed this little gem. it is an atmospheric soundscape indeed. Your vocal reminds me of Robert Wyatt, maybe because of the style of the song as well. This is a lovely piece with well thought out textured layers of sounds sweeping all over you. You sure are in a rich vein of form at the moment. Love that tasteful bass as well  :)

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2020, 04:17:34 PM »
Hi Jamie. Yeah I really like this one too. Synths and the vocals work really well together. It’s a strong melody but also nice and trippy. Kind of reminds me a bit of some stuff the Flaming Lips do. The introduction of the drums works, but the track is strong enough to hardly need any percussion. Nice one. Micky

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2020, 08:50:12 AM »
Jamie, definitely not my sort of thing and as it started I thought i wouldn't like it much, but it really grows, especially when the drums kick in.  Top vocal performance as well!

Not sure I liked the end but hat's probably back to what I expected at the start.

Take nothing away though Jamie, great work!
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2020, 02:39:44 PM »

@PaulAds

Hi Paul 'atmospheric' ;D ;D.That was what I was aiming at, and i like the note of caution comment, that's on the money. pleased you like my wobbly bass ??? :o.

@Paulski

Hi Paul, I'll take creativity......Have I said enough?...... I'll get my coat ;D

@Wicked Deeds

Hi Paul ( a trio of Paul's!), Unique good I hope? ;)Glad you got something from it!

Cheers
guys, it's appreciated!

Jamie

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2020, 02:46:11 PM »
Hi All!

@cowparsleyman

Hi Rich, not quite sure how to respond to a review that categorises the song as something that left you cold :o ;) ;D ;D. Can't remember what that synth was, I'll have a look later! Thanks for the vocal comments, that's cool 8)

@5 guys named Lars

Hi, Others have said prog, but I don't really hear it as that but, as I've said many times before, what do I know? There are elements maybe though....Thanks for the melody and vocal comments 8).

@pompeyjazz

Hi John, great comments, I think I've had Mr Wyatt mentioned before he's a cool writer and singer. Glad you found it!

Cheers, thanks for listening!

Jamie

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2020, 02:51:21 PM »
Hi thanks for listening!

@mickyplankton

Hi, I saw the Flaming lips live( and had tickets to see them this year as well.....oh well!) they were very good, and i see what you mean 8).Pleased you enjoyed it!

@PeteS
Hi, having just reviewed the Bin challenge country songs, I know what you mean, not necessarily your thing, but can appreciate the work. Thanks for the vocal comment, that's cool 8)

Cheers

Jamie

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2020, 02:59:34 PM »
Hi All!

@cowparsleyman

Hi Rich, not quite sure how to respond to a review that categorises the song as something that left you cold :o ;) ;D ;D. Can't remember what that synth was, I'll have a look later! Thanks for the vocal comments, that's cool 8)

Hi Jamie, Didn't mean to be mean, your song is really great, just not my cuppa tea genre wise (don't like everything - but I d like a well written song), it's as good as anything Yes did(at the risk of exposing myself as someone that only heard yes songs via mates of mine who would try and force me to hear their songs, under threats of maltreatment, or artistic coercion)

R

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2020, 04:17:36 PM »
@cowparsleyman

Hi Rich, ;D ;D ;D ;D I never doubted it, just pulling your leg ;).

Cheers

Jamie

Beebeesmith

• Busker
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2020, 05:02:37 PM »
Hi Jamie
Wow, just loved it, definitely a YES influence and as soon as it kicked in I thought this will go on and on and on in the YES tradition. But it didn’t, cooked just right, no time to get board, left wanting more. Top class writing and performing, the bass is definitely the keystone but lovely intertwining elements kept the variation and interest going. It’s more or less all that I would ask for in a piece of music, never listened to the lyrics, didn’t need to, the melody and production was enough on its own. Better give it another listen to hear the lyrics I guess. 😂
BB

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2020, 12:59:53 PM »
Hi All, thanks for listening!

@Grubstar

Hi, great comments, thanks! I was looking for that 10CC layered vocal sound, glad you spotted it.

@CaliaMoko

Hi Vicki, experimental is good! What have we got to lose? Glad you liked the vocals, mine have gotten better over the years. I like the backing vocals too, they are heavily manipulated, but create an esoteric atmosphere.

@moraamarolaloba

Hi Mora, lovely comments thanks you. Yes, I was using my voice with lots of effects as an instrument. I don't think I've really done that before! I'm glad it transported you, hopefully to a place where the sun is shining!  ;D

Thanks again!

Cheers

Jamie

I lately work on Voice Live, what effects  are you using?
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

Krysoe

• Busker
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2020, 02:38:01 PM »
Hey!! what a super cool song and nice quality mix. Very Well done Jamie
Regards from Copenhagen

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2020, 06:19:07 AM »
I couldn't think of who this reminded me of til Monte mentioned "Yes".  This would be right at home on an Yes album. 

Very nice, unconventional, but familiar feeling. 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2020, 05:18:35 PM »
Hi all, thanks for listening!

@Beebeesmith

Hi, great comments ,thanks. It seems it sounds like Yes, of whom I am a big fan, but I can't hear it :P ;) ;D. Glad the melody and production carried it, it is a bit of a minimalist lyric, but I like those ;).

@moraamarolaloba
Hi Mora, on the ethereal vocal I used a chain of effects. Noise gate, tube burner guitar pedal, logic amp, EQ,Vintage VCA compressor, delay designer and ring shift. I know, but it seemed to work  :D. I keep experimenting to get different sounds, as you do!

@Krysoe

Hi, I've been to Copenhagen many times!Glad you enjoyed it!

@hardtwistmusic

Hi Verlon, good to hear from you again! As i've said before I am a big fan of Yes, but can't really see the connection.Just shows what I know ;). Hope you enjoyed it!

Cheers guys and thanks again!

Jamie