konalavadome

Where Did It Go?

• 18 Replies

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« on: October 11, 2020, 01:42:38 PM »
Hi All,

Hope everyone is good.
Managed to get some time away - at the 4th attempt - so feeling refreshed.

Decided it was time to escape the gloom in all respects - so trying to write an EP of less dark tracks, imagining they were to be played at a festival that never was. Hopefully they'll still carry a bit of an edge.

So this is the first track. Gone for a grungy/Indie vibe.
Thanks for checking out and any feedback.

Digger & Katja.

https://soundcloud.com/digger-72/where-did-k1-mix/s-jYSZs45ePAM

Where Did It Go?

Got style
And you know it
You wore it so long
God’s gift to the whole world
How could it go wrong?

Chorus:

Oh yeah,
You got a pretty face
But that’s just now
And it’s a living race
And the future comes fast
And tomorrow’s near
And the mirror don’t lie
It’s most sincere
Oh
O – O – Oh
Oh
O – O – Oh

Time’s heavy
You’ll know it
It’s waiting for you
This road leads to nowhere
Just leaves you alone

Chorus

Your words were so empty
So vain and so proud
Everybody wants to be you, baby
Well where are they now?

Oh yeah,
You had a pretty face
But that’s gone now
Cos it’s a living race
And the future came fast
And tomorrow’s here
You’re a bottomless soul
And it cost you dear
Oh
O – O – Oh
Oh
O – O – Oh
Where did it go
Slow... down
Now, where did it go
Oh no
Oh, where did it go
Go Go
Oh, where did it go
Oh no
See, It’s over too soon.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 07:46:37 PM »
Good to see you round these parts again @digger72 - Yeah ! this sure rocks my boat. Love the grungy guitars and the use of space and that dirty bass during the verse. Makes the guitars sound even bigger when they kick in. Vocals are excellent as usual. I want to book a ticket for that festival for sure. I can't wait to go to a gig again. I was supposed to go to one on March 23rd and we all know what happened then. Since then it has been re-arranged for August and now December. I don't know if it will happen. Cracking song which I enjoyed immensely  :) 

Sideways S

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 08:20:31 PM »
Great thick sound. Reminds me of the first Garbage album, which was a real smash hit in the mid 90s.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 11:48:02 AM »
@digger72
Hi guys, always look forward to your songs, they always have something special about them. The production has got that Butch Vig sound (Garbage guitarist and producer of Nevermind by Nirvana). Epic sounding.
Very good! 8)

Cheers

Jamie

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 12:32:34 PM »
@digger72
Cards on the table - I don't like indie grunge (can't stand Nirvana but weirdly I do like Garbage) so I wasn't expecting to like this until I heard that vocal. Your voice completely makes this track - not just the tone but the delivery and attitude - totally brilliant and perfect match for the lyrics and instrumentation. I'd rather listen to this than anything by Nirvana.
M

Unclenny

• Solo Gig
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2020, 01:33:47 PM »
Excellent track! I love how that bass line ties things together.

Seriously good performances.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?band

Kafla

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2020, 02:01:40 PM »
Hi @digger72

Great to hear you again mate!

Ballsy in your face production, sounds very full and professional...I totally love Katja's voice...you are so lucky to have found her...and she is so lucky to have you because you have produced this superbly well

Loving the melody and lyrics

The mixing is just perfect...honestly unreal!

Im coming to that festival mate when we are allowed!

Much love :)

Sideways S

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2020, 01:32:48 AM »
The production has got that Butch Vig sound (Garbage guitarist and producer of Nevermind by Nirvana)
Actually Butch Vig is a drummer, not a guitarist. Dave Grohl of Nirvana moved on from drums to guitar, but not Vig. FWIW.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2020, 03:10:36 AM »
Come on @digger72 and Co. We're supposed to recommend improvements?
Then play something that needs improving!
This is pretty much perfection.
Love the bass and the vocals and the raunchy guitars and the production, and well, everything really :D
Still sounds pretty dark to me though :D

Paul

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2020, 06:31:19 PM »
Hola @digger72

I liked it a lot, it is a style that I call dark 'cause the role of the voice, the strength of the guitars and the drums covers the melody that melts, entertains itself in the lyrics,
alien but being the center.

Congratulations, I like your style

Stay safe

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2020, 07:14:02 PM »
This is fantastic @digger72 - love that guitar intro, particularly when the heavy guitar kicks in at .12ish ... and of course Katja's vocals are as usual stunning, dripping with laid back attitude - so very cool.. Chorus really takes off beautifully after the moody verses..

Really like the pared-back guitar break too .. really impact when you come back in on that last chorus..

I listened to this a couple of days ago and it has stuck with me now.. Being a big fan and all that's not surprising but I love this one. it's very hooky indeed.. Btw I would absolutely pay to see you guys perform!

Fab!

Karen.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2020, 10:04:40 AM »
Your festival sounds like a blast Digger. That guitar part builds really well until it totally explodes for the chorus, amazing sound. I guess the luxurious texture of the quality female vocal contrasts really well with all the dirtbag stuff, and really works.

I liked the surprisingly quiet interval too!

Yeah, I do wish somebody would get that party started. Opening track is yours  :D
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2020, 12:58:03 PM »
The opening guitar definitely sets the indie vibe...sounds like it's just plugged straight into an amp with everything set flat and then when the other guitar comes in with it's much more modern processed sound, it created quite a stir in my head.

Super vocals, big, crashing chorus and I loved the breakdown too...

Very cool indeed.
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2020, 10:58:19 PM »
Yay!  Totally cool.  It's 1993 and grunge is at is height, but the melodies of Britpop are starting to poke through... this has the best bits of both.  Fantastic quiet / loud dynamics in this and the vocals of Katja are as ever brilliant in their ice-queen, aloof delivery.  Bang-on production too.  Man, I miss those days so thanks for taking me back there.
It's all too beautiful.

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2020, 01:57:20 PM »
Hi All,

Many thanks for checking out; managed to get some airplay on BBC Introducing last night, which was a pleasant surprise.
Of the few songs we've had played on the radio this one held up the best - so must have got something right in the mixing.

We should record a Garden Gnome Festival. Everyone perform a song in front of Gnomes and garden ornaments then post as as sort of Covid-Aid Gig.

All the best.

Digger