konalavadome

Bad Guy breakdown

• 5 Replies

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« on: September 28, 2020, 06:45:22 PM »
Stumbled on this whilst getting lost in youtube recently.  Really interesting the process they went through to record Bad Guy.  Also good to see that they're a normal brother and sister laughing and joking!

&t=24s
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 12:23:50 AM »
A huge amount of work went into that song - really no corners cut. They are both super impressive.

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 08:54:12 AM »
Nice find. Thanks for haring. There's quite a lot of tutorials where other people breakdown Billie Eilish numbers but this is the first I've watched where Billie and Finneas do it themselves.

Really interesting and valuable insight. I didn't know they didn't use auto-pitch on their tracks. Also, very interesting how the track developed organically from something Billie put together when learning how to get to grips with Logic. Likewise, it was fascinating to learn where the found sound in the chorus came from. I'm a huge fan of Finneas and how he uses found sounds and foley and incorporates them into his work. Maybe a little too big of a fan -I'm literally using drone sounds and industrial found sounds in everything I come up with these days!

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 01:01:10 PM »
Haha! I can understand that.  I’ve seen a few of them working on things and it really is fascinating.   It is a brilliant song and in these days of too much manufactured pop it is great to see their genuine talent and enthusiasm. 
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 01:15:01 PM »
I love how there's a real close bond between them as well as a creative click. I remember reading Finneas on Twitter where he said he was sick of hearing people being described as 'the next Billie Eilish' because, as he put it, there is only, and will only ever be, ONE Billie Eilish.

They're immensely talented peeps for sure and I'm going to go hunt out some of these other videos of them working on tracks that you mention - I mean that's a much better idea than actually doing the work I'm paid for, right?!?!?!

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 04:03:58 PM »
Definitely @Sing4me88.  Cost me hours!  I had heard of Fineas but didn't realise he was an artist in his own right.