Happy Sunday

• 14 Replies

Kafla

« on: September 20, 2020, 06:59:38 PM »
Had a few glasses of red wine with dinner there...my wee girls leaves the nest tomorrow for uni...having a wee party here and listening to some music...wish I had written Hunting High And Low 😌 what a song 🤩

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 07:33:50 PM »
@kafla Happy Sunday back at ya Andy, thank goodness for the red stuff...

My own son went to uni quite a few years back. A bitter sweet milestone. I wrote a song at the time..and reminded him of it this year on his birthday, and we both shared a nostalgic tear. It’s this one, if you want to listen...)but if anyone else reads this I am not after general listens, so no need,  I just think Andy might like this one tonight..)

https://soundcloud.com/michael-a-duffy/station-lane

Good luck with tomorrow!

My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Kafla

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 07:44:45 PM »
@MichaelA

What a beautiful song mate 😢❤️

I’m out with the dogs for a bit myself because I’ve had enough of being the hard man lol

I won’t let my wife hear this 😂

You are some writer my friend ❤️❤️

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2020, 08:01:51 PM »
Happy Sunday to you Andy @kafla ...I bet you're very proud of her  :)

Similar situation here, I packed the youngest one off to York last weekend for her first year of studying English Literature...and dropped the eldest back off at Sheffield yesterday for his second year doing politics.

That's a great song of Michael's.

I've promised my son I'd give him my Gretsch 6120 for his graduation. I'm sure he thinks it'd beat the shit out of being to blame for one of my songs. I might have to buy a girly guitar to give to the daughter... :-\ A Les Paul might fit the bill :)

Good luck to your girl!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 08:27:24 PM by PaulAds »
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2020, 08:01:59 PM »
@MichaelA - Great song Michael, my daughters going in a couple of weeks...last year so no real tears this time, but your song evoked so clearly the lump in the throat the first time...

@kafla - It's one hell of a moment man, is she going far? What's she reading? pm me if you need a manly shoulder to cry on, I sense your next song will either be full on Metal or a really soppy love song/....

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2020, 08:14:37 PM »
@kafla , looks like there’s a few Dads here! Cheers, and just don’t watch Toy Story 3 in the next few days, and that goes for your missus too!  ;D
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2020, 08:20:57 PM »
@kafla,

Good luck to your daughter Andy.  She'll be fine as I know you will have showered her with love and taught her well throughout her formative years. My boys are 17 and 18 and as you know I've flown the nest lol.  However, I miss them every day. Tom works for ITV  in London. He left home at age 17. I am overwhelmed with pride and respect for his achievement at such a tender age.  As for hunting High and Low, it is an epic tune, as is the their other song, 'Summer moved on.' 

@MichaelA, your song is a beauty.

My well wishes are extended to all parents who's children are off to Uni. May they stay  safe and  make their parents proud.

Paul
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 08:33:16 PM by Wicked Deeds »

Kafla

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2020, 08:48:07 PM »
Thank you guys 🙏🏻

She’s going to do acting / script writing after being at stage school since 3...only 1hr 15 mins away in sunny Ayr

She’s only 17 as we put her to school early not thinking of the effect now 😳

Very proud of her tbh

It’s strange times at the moment 😌

Kafla

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2020, 08:51:01 PM »
@Wicked Deeds

You should be so proud of your boys 👍

What about - the swing of things ?🤩

Good luck to your daughter @cowparsleyman 😍

Kafla

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2020, 08:59:43 PM »
Love Toy Story @MichaelA

What about Up ? Took the kids to see that years back and I had something in my eye as well 😂

The first 15 minutes of that film is epic 🤩

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2020, 10:07:38 PM »
@kafla I wish her well...i can feel, coming in the Ayr tonight, oh lord...

Take some tissues...

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2020, 02:19:40 AM »
I knew it! Men are the weepy ones when kids move on to [more or less] adulthood. Although, I suppose I missed them a little when they went to college. Hard to remember, it was so long ago. They're so old now, they think they need to look after us. Sheesh!

Kafla

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2020, 08:47:43 AM »
I see what you did Th-Ayr @cowparsleyman 🤣

We are all chicken hearts really @CaliaMoko 😎

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2020, 08:51:55 AM »
@kafla - it's all been a pack of lies de duff de duff de duff de duff duff duff etc.

Kafla

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2020, 09:37:41 AM »
😂😂 @cowparsleyman

Apologies as well @PaulAds just noticed your post - all the best to your girl and boy - I did English Lit as well and absolutely loved it ❤️

I went back and did a Masters degree a couple of  years ago and loved it even more...although the union bar and nightclub was an eye opener 🤣🤣