konalavadome

That’s When I Knew

• 19 Replies

Kafla

« on: September 19, 2020, 01:43:58 PM »
https://soundcloud.com/andrewcruse/thats-when-i-knew

Thought I would slip one more in before the Binladeda Challenge  ;)

If I was a famous artist this is the song I would enter the stage to...strobe lights on, naked and lasers coming out of my nipples 😜😋

As usual the same sonic malfunctions appear but for me it’s all about the lasers 😀👍🏻

That’s when I knew

Caught you looking down , at the stars above
Circling the planets
That’s when I knew I’d always circle you

Caught you entertaining , the ambassador of the United Nations
That’s when I knew your’e my salvation

You can read and read , watch tv
Challenge every point of view
Over-analyse
You can even try to change what you know is true
I’ll be waiting here for you....

Caught you looking sad
With those stunning eyes
How can you be so sad ?
That’s when I knew I’d always protect you
That’s when I knew happiness suits you
Forever it’s true , happiness for me and you 🤩
That’s when I knew...

https://soundcloud.com/andrewcruse/thats-when-i-knew
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 01:52:12 PM by kafla »

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 02:10:26 PM »
Hi,
I wish I could write love songs like this. Every time I try, I come up against all the cliches which you have cleverly avoided with this song. Just when I thought that there couldn't be any new way to express these feelings, you come up with this. Very thoughtful, pretty song adorned with your wondrous voice. I liked the arrangement which managed to enrich the writing without drawing attention away from it. Another lovely song.
M

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 02:52:19 PM »
@kafla

I love the line 'I'd always circle you.'  Both your production and songwriting go from strength to strength.  I'm impressed, you're flying!

I can tell that you're in such a wonderful space with your beautiful lady.  My congratulations sir!

Paul
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 03:41:01 PM by Wicked Deeds »

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 06:24:55 PM »
Good song, man.................great voice, too.
I really enjoyed this.......
Kudos,
                            -Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2020, 06:51:49 PM »
Fabulous big sound Andy @Kafla and great powerful vocals. I really like the lyrics and admire the way that they are not obvious. Love the drone guitar that gives it an almost Celtic feel and some lovely dirty guitar at times. Also great use of light and shade. Top quality track  :)

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2020, 09:43:48 AM »
That's a great song Andy.  The combination of piano and guitar layers works really well and the Chorus fits perfectly.

Not sure I want to see you play it live though  ;D ;D
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2020, 08:18:02 AM »
Big confident production here - reminded me a bit of something the Waterboys would do.

Lovely rhymes and images in the verses.

For me probably a bit too short if anything - I could handle some more repetitions of the last "that's when I knew" section.

Lovely song.

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2020, 12:09:44 PM »
Hola @kafla

The drum sounds great and the voice is very defined, built into the mix, it's a great song.
I love this  line
"That’s when I knew happiness suits you"
Good work!!

Cuídate

Mora

I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2020, 11:37:02 PM »
Oh this is lovely @kafla - a gorgeous song.. lyrics are great - so hard to write a love song - this sounds sincere and heartfelt without being too sugary (not that that's necessarily a bad thing just a preference)

The whole thing is polished, beautifully played and sung (great voice!!) and lovely melodies - standouts for me are the "That's when I knew..." lines - that melody is fab..  Whole thing is just fantastic... great ending too.. Wow!

Karen

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2020, 11:21:56 AM »
Blimey, there was me in a blurred haze thinking I was listening to prime time radio. But no it was just Andy @kafla ’s Soundcloud page. Surely this is better than most stuff on the radio thinks me. I’ll check...so over on Radio 2 Sheena Easton is trilling out ‘Modern Girl’. What again, she’s in her sixties now poor woman, she’s not that blinkin’ modern. ‘Put Andy on!’ I yell at the radio. At my age I’ve taken to shouting at the telly and radio a lot. It helps. So you might be on next week Andy. We should start a campaign!

It’s pure commercial gold this one surely, mainly because it is such a great pop song. Great hooks, intelligent but romantic lyrics and fabulously sung too. Not as good as Sheena mind, but nearly! ;)

Can you do one about my baby taking the morning train next? That would be excellent.

Cheers anyway, I’m getting dizzy now with all this positivity. kwallitteeee!!!
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Kafla

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2020, 02:00:12 PM »
Wow! absolutely blow away and humbled at the comments - jeez oh!

I don't write a lot of songs all the way on guitar - I tend to start things off on guitar/keys and then start progressing on Logic. This is a song I would wheel out at parties etc when people found out I wrote songs. I actually never intended really to record it but was working on something else and started programming this. When I got the guitar riff I started to get really interested. I wonder how many of us have songs sitting around that deserve a little TLC.

I am so happy the lyrics work as I was trying my hardest to come up with interesting twists...

@montydog - you are such a gent you know! Thank you @IronKnee
@Wicked Deeds thank you, my mentor!
@pompeyjazz I can hear the Celtic thing and massive compliment from @adamfarr with the Waterboys - have you heard the original 'how long will I love you'? what a song! I am aware that it's short but I take it as a massive compliment you wanted to hear more!
honest @PeteS I have lovely lasers lol
@moraamarolaloba thank you!
@MonnoDB your words mean a lot!
and @MichaelA your review really made me smile and the things you write really make it all worthwhile...and I used to fancy Sheena Easton haha

Thank you!

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2020, 02:47:42 PM »
@kafla,

Andy, several years ago we spent an age talking about songwriting and production.   That was such a wonderful time in my life when I knew that you and I would always be kindred spirits.  If I have had any influence on your writing and production,  I am both humbled and delighted.  The truth is, you now have more than the required skill to fly in both departments.

It is my absolute pleasure to see that your songs and indeed yourself have been embraced by this songwriting community.  Your music is flying my dearest friend!

Paul
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 02:57:33 PM by Wicked Deeds »

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2020, 09:48:08 AM »
@kafla As Mr MichaelA says your songs are so well produced & radio friendly. Interesting lyrics ,wonderful singing & lovely sentiment. Great stuff Andy.

Grubstar

• Open Mic
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2020, 03:44:47 PM »
Hi @kafla

I really enjoyed this what a great song and vocal perfomance, 1st Class.

Great lyrics, arrangement and production I particularly liked the guitar /falsetto vocal ending absolutely brilliant.You really are a talented singer/songwriter/producer.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2020, 06:54:09 PM »
Ah...you have that star quality in your vocals and a knack for phrasing that shows you just know how to tilt things in the right direction to make it stick. Enjoyed the lyrics and the whole thing had an air of authority and gentleness that left me very impressed.

Paul told me you were class...and I knew he'd be right. Now I know for sure!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter