konalavadome

CPM Website

• 16 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« on: September 17, 2020, 09:24:25 AM »
Just thought I'd share this, my website, it's my first attempt at this,  so any improvements or comments would be gratefully received.

All the stills are from my own studio.

I'm offering my services to the big wide world. I just want to help people that don't know/don't have the time/ or simply can't do the things that I can.

Feel free to put the word about or share the link

www.cowparsleyman.com

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 11:58:34 AM »
Worthy effort at a website there CPM. Good luck with your venture.

A mate of mine paid a hundred quid to send his wife into a small studio for a couple of hours. They were selling ‘studio experience’ gift vouchers. She sang two songs to a karaoke track and imagined she was a pop star, I expect. But she did have a good voice to be fair...might be a service you could offer to earn a few bob, if it appeals of course.

Re your own website I’d be tempted to stick a summary of your services right up there at the top or more prominently in the CPM main image - to make the sell a bit more obvious for those who don’t quite know what a Cowparsleyman is, ha ha! That said, the website does make it look like you are a professional operator in all respects. So hopefully it will generate some enquiries. Keep us posted!

My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Kafla

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 12:14:11 PM »
It defo looks for part and accurately/ succinctly  describes exactly what you do 😎

I’d be tempted to put a picture or video in of you...weirdly I like to see people before I work with them 🤣

All the best mate...and if you do mates rates I might be working with you soon 😄👏🏻

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 12:43:38 PM »
The website looks mostly really professional. I would get rid of the first video, though, of the hand pretending to write music. The notes with stems going down have the stems on the wrong side, and they are being written on tab paper, not staff paper, so no one would be able to play them. I've seen that clip before somewhere...must have been in someone's song video, maybe.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 12:44:04 PM »
Thanks very much @kafla and @MichaelA for the feedback, it's really good of you to do that. I'll put a picture of me up there.

What a great idea, Mates rates, yes of course, for forum members.

Just let me know what you need and I'll let you know how much it'll be.

I'll keep you posted how it goes.

Rich

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 12:45:53 PM »
The website looks mostly really professional. I would get rid of the first video, though, of the hand pretending to write music. The notes with stems going down have the stems on the wrong side, and they are being written on tab paper, not staff paper, so no one would be able to play them. I've seen that clip before somewhere...must have been in someone's song video, maybe.

Well spotted Vicky...

I'll see if I can find something more appropriate.

Rich

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 01:03:44 PM »
@CaliaMoko - ooooo, that was close, urgh, how could I have missed that?

changed to a image gallery, including a pic of my ugly boatrace.

Thanks again.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 01:22:19 PM »
Nice work and initiative CPM!

What I think you need is a strapline or something that summarizes succinctly what you are offering (blessed the beatmakers may be, but I don't think that's your primary focus).

First pass: "Arranging, tracking, producing, and mixing for songwriters and performers worldwide. I'll get your song ideas finished, recorded and ready for publishing - the best they can be."

(Or something - I am not a marketing person!)

You should also have a "Who am I?" section with a short bio and relevant career highlights. You might also want a "How I work" section" where you can talk about your process and gear.

Top right menu text is really small and easy to miss.

Good luck with it!

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 01:30:29 PM »
@adamfarr - Your right, maybe replace the pic of me on the home screen, with the About Me page.

Definitely do that, great idea Adam.

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2020, 07:54:52 PM »
Good luck with the website,two things seem wrong for me..the picture of you apparently sat in your garden with a roof behind you, reckon you should be doing something that reflects what your offering and the Zadok the priest track..not sure that it would mean anything to yer actual average songwriter..unless I've missed something which is more than likely.. ;D

best, Kevin
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 07:56:51 PM by shadowfax »
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2020, 10:09:16 PM »
@shadowfax - thanks for the comments Kev...Yeah I agree, It’s only a stop gap until I find some good video, and create a bio page, there will be an image of me at work.

Zadok is intended to show the breadth of music I work with, trying to pitch to as many artists and songwriters and all other folk that might need assistance.

I’m not necessarily targeting only your average songwriter but anyone that requires  my services..artists with no daw, classical musicians that want someone to look at it another way, bands that need sessions, remixes for re releases, mastering of newly mixed releases all sorts of help.

Thanks again

Rich

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2020, 10:27:31 PM »

Hey Rich,

Looking good mate. I especially like the choice of 'listen to' tracks ;D ;D.  The only thing that struck me was the lack of colour.

Like the sound of 'mates rates' (see first sentence ;D). Tell me more....I've already got something in mind ;D ;D

Take care

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2020, 08:19:02 AM »
Looking good Rich. Was a bit worried to start with as I got it on my phone & the typeface was all over the place but on the pc it looks great.
Its quite difficult because you can do so many things it could get confusing to a stupid person  ??? as to what you can offer & how much it costs (as an outsider I wouldn`t contact you if I didn`t have a rough price at least on the page).
It looks very professional to me, one of the testimonials is magnificent & as you say its a work in progress that you can amend it depending on how much work you get.
Well done Rich on getting it done.

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2020, 10:38:46 AM »
@cowparsleyman,

Kudos for gong for this. I've often thought of offering  songwriting, arranging and production, services but never got around to it. I wish you great success with this venture.  Your website is informative, highlighting all of the services that you will provide.  I would consider a splash of colour here and there to enhance the overall inviting appeal of the website.

Good luck.

Paul

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2020, 10:50:48 AM »
@Wicked Deeds - Cheers Paul, really appreciate the feedback. don't know if anything will come of it, but one has to try...

I'm a huge fan of Mono photo's they seem to leave a little to the imagination, and add an air of professionalism, maybe in line with the quality of what i would do for them.