konalavadome

Good Cities In The World For Acoustic/Singer-Songwriter And Live Music?

• 3 Replies

Theodorekidd

« on: September 03, 2020, 07:53:18 AM »
Hey All,

A bit of an irrelevant question with the travel bans going on at the moment, but from your point of view, what cities, states, and/or countries would you recommend for a traveling singer-songwriter? I would love to gig and busk when I travel so that I don't have to entirely rely on savings. I've heard that Berlin, Nashville, and Spain are great for live music - just to name a few. Which places come to mind for you?

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 12:17:37 AM »
In North Denmark  most of the inbreds inhabitants have got 6 fingers so when they clap it sounds louder. Good place to play if you`re busking.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 08:40:03 PM »
@5 guys named Lars - I bet they are great pianists, swimmers and have terrible trouble with gloves.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 08:45:11 PM »
@Theodorekidd - Good question, London is good, on the Tube, you have to book a licensed spot...Johannesburg is also great, but you might not keep your guitar long. Anywhere in Germany, but you have to get 64 different permits first.

A lot is down to how you can engage an audience from nothing, you need conviction in your playing and have great songs, smiling also helps, think Freddie Mercury at Live Aid rather than Adam Ant on a tiny scale.

All the best with this.