konalavadome

Idea

• 51 Replies

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2020, 09:54:27 AM »

Morning guys,

Good idea for the reveal day.  I know @Wicked Deeds can't start working on his until the middle of the month. So, not sure about a deadline.......

Just had a thought :o.....a deadline for people to join, and a BIG reveal day when everyone has finished?? Within reason...of course ;D ;D

Take care ;D

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

Kafla

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2020, 10:32:37 AM »
Why don't we go for the 1st of October for the reveal date?

Gives us time to get the Halloween comp on the go...serial killer theme this year  ;) :)

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2020, 10:43:02 AM »
Has everyone picked the same backing track?

I might be tempted to throw my cowboy hat into the rodeo ring 😀
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2020, 07:05:32 PM »
Yeah, we're blaming Adam for all of us going down that route. :D

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2020, 07:17:12 AM »

@PaulAds I`ve picked the country one too but I suppose we won`t know till reveal day. Go for it Paul would love to hear what you come up with.

On a wider point, is it enough to just sing beautifully  :o over the original @Binladeda track or do we have to rerecord stuff over?

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2020, 09:08:50 AM »

Morning guys,

@PaulAds,  be great to have you on board Paul ;D.  everyone has gone for the first track.  If you let me have your email, I'll send you a dropbox invite for the stems.
 Only 9 tracks....which is really good for me ;D. I average around 20 ::)

@5 guys named Lars. Hi 5 ;D.  Absolutely. ;D add, subtract, multiply, chop, change it to anything you want.  The more radical/extreme the better, as far as I'm concerned ;D ;D
  And you don't have to sing beautifully.  Sing ugly  ;D ;D ;D  Turn it into anything you want my friend.....have some fun with it ;D

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2020, 09:23:10 AM »
The writing part was easy, a quick melody and a set of lyrics. The difficult part has been the chopping up of sections to suit my approach and create greater dynamics. It's proven very difficult to reassemble into a meaningful composition. I've put in a great deal of work meticulously enhancing the timing of audio notes. That's a different ball game to  quantising software instruments. It's beautiful but it's hard work. :-\

Increasingly, production is like chasing after an elusive rabbit. I'm so far down the rabbit hole that I can't leave without the prize. 😕🐇😕😁
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 09:25:37 AM by Wicked Deeds »

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2020, 11:17:31 AM »
@Binladeda  Its taken me 2 days to write 5 lines so I probably won`t alter it too much. ;D ..Reveal day after Christmas anyone?  :D

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2020, 02:23:30 PM »
Not my fault, I think this was all just meant to be... (yee-ha).

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2020, 09:07:27 AM »

Good morning  ;D

@PaulAds  Stems sent Paul.  Boots and stetson on the way ;D.

Hope everyone is having fun with this.  I've already heard a few snippets, and am already
 overwhelmed with emotion....country style ;D ;D

Take care all

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2020, 09:40:07 AM »
@Binladeda

I've spent quite a lot of time with this but have hit a brick wall. My problem lis with downloading the stems. The files are so large and my internet so bad that I'm at the stage where I am about to throw the towel in. I had a day off yesterday and worked from 9-2 trying to download the stems. They fail midway through download. Whilst they are downloading I work on the first two thirds of the song so that is really developed.  Anyone suggest anything that can help here because time is too precious to waste in this manner. My internet won't improve any time soon, at least not until I move to a new house.

@Binladeda, I can send you my progress so far. Like me, you'll be kicking yourself that I can't steer this home.

I was going to finish this next week when my annual leave begins but I don't want to waste any more frustrating time.

Paul
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 09:45:01 AM by Wicked Deeds »

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2020, 09:49:52 AM »
@Wicked Deeds , Paul you can’t do anything about a slow internet connection. But you could ask for the stems as mp3 files. You could always swap them for better quality files later, but at least you would be able to get your song constructed....just a thought, all the best.
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2020, 10:01:17 AM »
@MichaelA

Thanks,

I was thinking exactly the same that MP3 or 4 might be the way to go. I had a day about a week ago where I downloaded a couple of stems and I began work on them. It sounded so crystal clear then I knew that I needed the other stems to progress. Each file takes about an hour to download then I receive a message saying internet connection is lost and so I begin the process again. I love what I've done so far but I'm tearing my hair out. 

@Binladeda, if you could try with mp4's, that might be a solution. I feel like I have a broken down Rolls Royce on the drive and I can't take her out for a spin :-(

@MichaelA thank you so much for your suggestion.

Paul

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2020, 10:47:38 AM »
Hi Paul @Wicked Deeds

You could try using a download manager like folxgo perhaps...you can generally resume interrupted downloads with that...if you are on a mac.

I hope to download my stems tonight and could convert them to mp3 and send them over to you later on? If you haven't got them by tonight just drop me a line...
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter