Idea

• 51 Replies

Kafla

« on: August 31, 2020, 12:34:55 PM »
I’ve always wanted to try an experiment -

Basically get one of our more talented producers to write a backing track with a fairly traditional structure - verse , bridge , chorus x2 , mid 8 , chorus etc , or something similar

Then we all take it away and write a top line and lyrics

Then the big reveal day where we all post our efforts and judge the top 3...

Don’t know if it would work but might be interesting 🧐🧐🧐🧐

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 08:06:46 PM »
I think that’s a cool idea Andy, it would be fun and quite a challenge. Hope it gathers support.  ;)
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 09:02:23 PM »
Excellent idea Andy. The different interpretations would be very interesting. Can't be arsed with that top 3 judging mullarkey though.  :)

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 10:24:17 PM »

Oh yeah....right up my street ;D ;D.  I've got loads of backing tracks ;D.  Whether the production is good enough....I don't know.
 There's going to be others here who've probably got backing tracks they want to get a top line on as well.  How we going to do this ??
 I can post a selection, if you want  ??   I'd love to hear how different folks interpret my music......

Great idea Kaf  ;D
 take care, stay safe etc etc etc

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 10:47:10 PM »
I like this idea. I'd love to work with other people's backing tracks. We have a few people who could come up with backing tracks. What about having 3 or 4 to choose from. I like the idea of NOT having any voting, too. I would say, just make a playlist on SoundCloud of all the "entries" so we can hear them all easily.

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2020, 11:21:00 PM »
Sounds interesting... I agree with not necessarily having the voting though.

Kafla

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2020, 08:12:30 AM »

Oh yeah....right up my street ;D ;D.  I've got loads of backing tracks ;D.  Whether the production is good enough....I don't know.
 There's going to be others here who've probably got backing tracks they want to get a top line on as well.  How we going to do this ??
 I can post a selection, if you want  ??   I'd love to hear how different folks interpret my music......

Great idea Kaf  ;D
 take care, stay safe etc etc etc

Bin...it would be an honour if you want to post a selection...let’s all fall in love 😍

Do you think we should select one so we can hear the different interpretations ? I am curious to see if it leads to similar melodies or whether it will be completely down to the individual.

And yes no need for top 3...I have no idea how things work in here 🤔🤣
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 08:15:09 AM by Kafla »

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2020, 09:28:10 AM »

OK Kaf,  I'm just off to work ::). So I'll post a few up when I get back tonight.  ;D

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2020, 11:01:21 PM »

Hi,  So, here's a couple of backing tracks.  Well, that's what I call them ;D ;D

https://soundcloud.com/binladeda/no1/s-WKQ3r     

this one has all the parts, but not necessarily in the right order ;D

https://soundcloud.com/binladeda/sometime-nevermp3x/s-ckFqn0Tm8Tj

I'm not really sure if this is the sort of thing you're looking for...I've got more

Kafla

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2020, 07:13:28 AM »
Both pretty brilliant Bin but for me I can hear things in the first one 😍

If everyone agrees we could go for say a 1st October deadline and try and work some magic...gives me time to get rid of this bloody cold as well 😋

Kafla

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2020, 10:46:50 AM »
Bin ,

Can you reveal the BPM and key of your glorious composition? ...ahem so my autotune works correctly  :D ;D

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2020, 07:23:01 PM »
If this work I’ll happily provide another backing for a future challenge.
We could also reverse it and write to the same set of lyrics?
Just and idea.
:-)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2020, 08:56:56 PM »
I've got vibes for the first one too (also, now, lyrics -suitably dour!) despite the genre. Will see about recording some vocals at the weekend.

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2020, 01:04:46 PM »

Hi,  Don't know how many are thinking about taking this on, but, according to SC's new layout, I've had 7 downloads.....
       Also, I was thinking (always dangerous) that maybe more choices of backing track, might get more people involved ?
       I, for one, would love to hear what @Neil C has got, and anyone else......

As far as my backing track (how dare you) goes, I'm more than happy to send people the stems via dropbox, and they can do whatever they want with them.  (9 tracks)
       Can't remember what key it's in, probably C or G. I do remember that there's some 'unusual' tuning on the slide.  I'll have a look, and let you know asap ;D
       BPM is 95.  4/4 time.

Take care  ;D