konalavadome

Alt metal female singer/lyricist

• 3 Replies

UrganNagru

• Busker
« on: August 14, 2020, 01:56:54 PM »
Hello everyone, I am a classically trained singer with a foundation in musical theatre and operatic arias. I've loved symphonic metal and rock opera since I first heard Phantom when I was about 5 years old and I have recently formed a band with my insanely skilled guitarist friend/housemate to try and mash it all together.

Although I have experience in performance, writing lyrics and coming up with vocal melodies is a brand new challenge for me, as is using a microphone to record since I have a big voice and haven't really used one before now. I never realised how difficult the recording and mixing process is and I have so much newfound respect for everyone in that industry because it is bloody hard and I still can't mix my vocals right lol.

I'm a keen digital artist and I've done everything art and designwise for the band so far. I really love working in impasto oil paint style, it's so free and unpredictable. I also love writing fantasy because the world sucks and I'm a sucker for a bit of eldritch power tripping. I have a BA in English Lit and Japanese, the Japanese isn't so useful but I think the English (mainly studied Old English and poetry) has really helped me develop style of storytelling through lyrics.

My biggest hang up is probably that I'm a perfectionist which often can get in the way of having fun with the material. I really hope I can get over the impostor syndrome eventually.

Anyway, that's me. Looking forward to getting stuck in and hopefully learning loads, thank you!

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 02:11:03 PM »
Welcome to the forum @UrganNagru (great username by the way!)

I look forward to hearing your music
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 07:33:13 PM »
Welcome fellow symphonic metal fan (also my favourite genre!). I too really look forward to hearing your stuff.

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 07:43:42 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Really looking forward to hearing your material !

Karen