Recording acoustic Guitar? - check this plug in

• 7 Replies

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« on: August 07, 2020, 08:47:42 PM »
Hi recording peeps...

I have just bought this plugin, aimed at acoustic guitar recorders.
https://unitedplugins.com/QuickAG/

A very quick and easy way to get mix ready acoustic guitar sounds for your tracks.
Tried it and sounds very nice, very quickly.
I appreciate the same can be achieved manually but this seems like a nice easy solution.

Also I see Plugin Boutique are giving away RX elements with any purchase, so could be a double win.

Hope this helps
Andy

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 10:44:18 PM »
@Cawproductions - I’ll give it a punt, don’t no rmally have any issues with recording my acoustics, but I when I do it’s usually real big issues, so thanks for the tip.

Thought you didn’t go for izotope gui’s... 8)

Btw i was a whisker away form signing up on the PA mega deal, but i honestly don’t want to be bound to something wher i get even more eqs and comps... i rather like to pick my plugins as I’m very likely to pick ones that might assist me, maybe Arturia bring out V collection 8 melodyne has release ver 5 my daw has an upgrade...so I’ll target what I need....

I will go for the AG plug though, thanks again

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 09:02:55 AM »
@Cawproductions - Hi Mike (it is mike isn't it?) I went for it, got the freebie RX7 but also was able to go for the Izotope R4 reverb upgrade for 26 quid, not bad at all, sits nicely around the Lexicon and Convology XT 'verbs, has some nice options that they don't. You just need to be an existing Excalibur user to qualify.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2020, 09:06:49 AM »
I'd also recommend long nails (or a thin-ish plectrum), new-ish (bedded in) strings and a stereo or Mid/Side condenser mics constellation for a great Acoustic session, into a valve mic preamp.

Seems to work for me.

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 09:57:23 PM »
Hi Cpm, Its Andy....But you can call me mike if ya want.
Been bloody flat out at work recently....so sorry for late reply.
Anyway great you went for the RX deal, I didnt, prob should have, but yeh, not a fan of the Izotope GUI. Quality plugins tho.

Also cool info on recording acoustics too, will defo try those out.

The acoustic plug in is very simple, thought it was a steal.

Cheers
Andy

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2020, 04:26:35 PM »
Well I've downloaded the plugin but I'm not seeing much benefit.  Recently I have settled on recording the guitar and using the Echo Strum 'instrument' in Garageband, and I've had some fairly decent results. 

I took my most recent recording and used this instead and didn't think I could make it sound as good.  It maybe that using Echo Strum limits the options whilst QuickAG has so many parameters that I didn't get the right combination.

So I'd be interested to see how others get on and what settings they are using.

Pete
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2020, 07:39:56 AM »
@Cawproductions  Thanks for the heads up.  :) Can certainly hear the difference on my acoustic tracks. Haven`t got my head around manual changes yet so this is ideal for me at the mo. Cheers Andy.

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2020, 01:33:03 PM »
Hi all,

Not sure the Plugin will be for everyone but looks nice and easy, sounds ok and didnt bust my wallet.

I think any of the parameters wound right up will sound stupid but with a well captured recording (or mediocre in my case), its possible to get something that will sit in your mix nice and not cause too much trouble.

Andy