konalavadome

Home (and don't spare the hearses)

• 21 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2020, 09:48:01 PM »
This is amazing what you have done to the original demo Paul which was pretty damn good anyway. The 12 string is knockout and the string pad stuff that you have used gives it an epic feel. Top, top quality indeed

Kafla

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2020, 02:28:43 PM »
Really enjoyed that PaulAds,

The production/arrangement works really well and separates the sections nicely - I always find that really hard.

Love the lyrics and there are too many to highlight but this verse in particular is awesome!

An Englishman’s home
Was any another man’s castle
When the shooting was over
Or the trap had been sprung
Turning the world into a vassal
Slitting throats
With a slip of your tongue

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2020, 09:16:44 AM »
@PaulAds
Sharp lyrics as ever over a lovely relaxed repeating sets of chords and vocals.
backing and harmonies really sets things off
The chorus is catchy as hell too!
The quality sounds as good I expect from you regardless of amount of time spent.
Lots to like here
:-)
neil
songwriter of no repute..

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2020, 11:23:26 AM »
Well you make this sound so easy and your command of the instrumentation is frankly staggering to one as inept as myself. The song has a lovely light almost gossamer feel overlaid by your lovely vocal and some gorgeous chord changes. Hard to believe it's been produced within the constraints of the competition!
M

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2020, 08:17:58 AM »
Hi Paul,
Somehow missed listening to this until now. I liked the original.. a good song is a good song but the new version brings out the superb chorus melody. Fantastic lyrics and to think it was done in such a short space of time is magnificent.

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2020, 09:39:29 PM »
Hola @PaulAds
Another wonderful song from you. I like very much the FX on your voice, it gives something special, a warm and modern color to the voice.
The drum goes good, I think.
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2020, 03:23:48 PM »
Well I did listen at the time to the 'quick' version which was good but I do prefer the full arrangement.
I'm listening again to the old one now...it's nice and works as it is unplugged.
There's room in the world for both in fact....an interesting exercise to see what you've done with it.

The strings is a nice mellow sound which adds a certain flavour and I'm fond of that slappy kick and the bass that complements it. Nice bass sound too!
One last bar or two with the strings playing it out would be nice after the vocal ends....it's the kind of song/sound that would support that I reckon...but that'd be another version....

Very good Paul. Like it.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer