Final 4 Below song

• 8 Replies

Andyb

« on: September 06, 2020, 07:42:26 PM »
So here it is... finally.. the final offering from 4Below
It's has been my dream to record an album for a long, long time. Whether that be with whatever band I happen to be in at the time (came so close with my last band) or as a solo artist I wasn't really bothered it was just something I have always wanted to achieve. Its a long lonely process as a solo artist so to give me some smaller, achievable goals I broke it down in to 3 x 5 track EPS - Alpha, Beta, Gamma. I was waiting on completing this final track before I could upload the EP to spotify etc.
The track is called Big Sea and I wanted to play about with the production including a choral section. I think out of all the songs Ive done this one has changed the most from leaving my studio to coming back from the engineer so I'm still trying to make my peace with that. Anyway I hope you enjoy it but it probably marks the end of my 4 Below project. Those familiar with my work will know i only use a bass guitar (and a wee bit of synths / keys) and it is getting harder and harder to come up with new things to do with it. Ive got a few more projects on the go anyway but for me I just wanted to find out if I could A) make a bass sound like a full band and B) write a song on my own
https://soundcloud.com/user-214476590/big-sea-4below
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 07:45:00 PM by Andyb »

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 12:15:55 AM »
This is superbly produced, played & sung. Very powerful.You can certainly write a song my friend. Splendid stuff.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 09:43:27 AM »
I feel kinda sad if this is the last 4Below track... Maybe it's the bass-oriented playing but this one rocks *hard*. Love the choral section by the way. Looking forward to whatever's next - it seems to me that there's nothing that you couldn't do if you wanted.

Andyb

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 10:51:41 AM »
Never say never... If nothing else the project brought me in touch with some old band buddies and we are in cahoots to start writing together after 20 years. Im also co writing an EP with another friend which my wife is lead vocalist on so plenty of creative outlets

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 06:52:19 PM »
Great rock track
Remember.... it's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. Although i probably am ;)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 06:53:37 PM »
Been fascinating listening to your $ Below stuff Andy. This is another monster form you in the same vein. It rocks the cobwebs away for sure  :) Cracking tune mate. I hope that you get to revisit 4 Below in the future and good luck for your future projects

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 10:13:20 PM »
Wow, ending the project on a high with this one mate.  It kicks some serious posterior this one.  Loved the layered riffing, the drums like thunder, the dramatic pauses, the take-no-prisoners ending, and the middle 8 vocals are brilliant.  Fans of QOTSA and Royal Blood would love this for sure. Boom!
It's all too beautiful.

kevysc

• Platinum Album
  • I'm Working from Memory
    • Your Song Contest
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 06:24:55 PM »
Excellently produced, you really know how to use a Bass! Also, you have a fantastic and contemporary vocal style.

Well done and best wishes with your next project,

Kevin

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2020, 07:04:59 PM »
How to go out with a bang @Andyb - this is up to your usual high standard - love the additional vocal work. Stunning.... looking forward to hearing what comes next...