One Session Songwriter Challenge

• 3 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 10:59:33 AM »
Nice one John, it’s great to see them all there together. Well done. Just need a few more plays now.  ;)

By the way, if any other forum member wants to join in, please do so. Details in the thread in The Bar. If you want to comment on any of the songs you can do it here, or in the Bar thread. Ta.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 11:06:28 AM by MichaelA »
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 10:10:09 AM »
This is a remarkable challenge & great to have them all in one place. The standard is fantastic. I`ve jibbed it & started my own 365 day challenge..I may have a song by then. ;D Well done everybody.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 05:05:03 PM »
@CaliaMoko - again the paredbackness , yes that is a word, I just invented it...exposes a number of things.

1. the clever words over a simple rhymic Pattern.

2. The meaning of the lyric is much easier for me to swallow.

3. The melodic movement.

I’m loving this challenge, space is such a good thing in music, I also like the onetakeness (oh theres another one...)

@MichaelA - Again, touches of Northern Billy Bragg, yip it reminds me of my under 11’s, with the over serious Dads.

Superb stuff, lovely picking