A Rolex And A Lighter (Updated)

• 19 Replies

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2020, 09:23:15 PM »
@Jambrains what a great song. Expertly delivered with that classic vocal and sparkling acoustic guitar.
Great storyline too - fiction or not you made me believe and feel for this guy.

More in this vein please!
Paul

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2020, 11:37:51 AM »
Err...wow! What a brilliant song - truly unbelievable lyrical quality - Dylan would be proud of this. The acoustic unplugged feel is perfect for the song. Only every once in a while does something truly brilliant come onto the forum and this is one of those times. If I had written this, I would probably never feel the need to write anything else. What more can I say.
M

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2020, 11:40:31 AM »
Fantastic song concept and fabulous delivery and recording.

I think I might have tried something other than "he is dead" in the chorus as this is already clear from verse one. But that may be me being too songwritery (again).

Great story - communication and time passing, does anyone ever get it quite right.

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2020, 08:35:52 PM »
@Unclenny: thanks! Yes, you are absolutely right, I went a little overboard with the guitar "glitter" :-)

@PaulAds: thanks a mill, much appreciated!

@Neil C: thanks! No plans for another one in this style but who knows?

@Kafla: thank you good Sir! :-)

@Jamie: I'm running out of ways too say thanks you in English so a good old Swedish "tack!" will have to do  ;D

@Paulski: thanks you, you are too kind. No plans for another one but who knows, maybe in the future?

@montydog: I can't tell you how happy I am that you joined in and that you liked it so much. After all you are the master of this kind of songs. Chuffed....

@adamfarr: thanks! I see what you mean re "dead" but I doubt I will actually go back and change anything.

@all: I have updated the original post with a link to the more produced version, not that much added but I do think what I added actually improved it. Or not?

Unclenny

• Solo Gig
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2020, 09:00:55 PM »
I like this mix a lot. The piano is a perfect addition but there are a few brief places (in the chorus) where it felt like it creates a bit of dissonance with the guitar.

This is a great tune.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?band