A Dream Within A Dream

• 18 Replies

Unclenny

• Solo Gig
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2020, 02:45:59 PM »
@IronKnee .......thanks so much for that, Tom. We appreciate you stopping by to give this one a listen.

@CaliaMoko.........I so agree about how Chris plays. She has a wonderful touch on the keys. And thanks for that about the lyrics. I tend to go with what feels right.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?band

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2020, 08:09:45 PM »
Hey @Unclenny - I thought I'd commented on this? Including something about the cello. I certainly listened to it before..  Must be losing my marbles....

I really like your work with Chris - and the piano part here is beautiful, she has a great touch and this one obviously inspired you in the best way... My favourite part of it is the "Listen, listen to the rain..." the vocal treatment there and that beautiful piano playing under it with your guitar appear at the end of it ... lovely !

Lovely, Steve!

K

Unclenny

• Solo Gig
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2020, 12:37:13 AM »
@MonnoDB .......thank you so much for checking this one out. This was a good project for me as I can feel my songwriting slipping away a bit as I get old. I worry a bit about that but....hey, it's just a natural thing I guess.This piano track from Chris Spruit sparked me up nicely.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?band

Kafla

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2020, 12:28:48 PM »
I’ve commented on this before on another forum but it sounds better so I don’t know if you’ve made some improvements or it’s the arrangement revealing itself

Still got a Dear Theodosia vibe , which I love.

It would definitely sit well in a musical or a Disney film , I mean this as a compliment btw

If I was you I would send it off to publishers , I think it’s that good ❤️👍🏻