konalavadome

Shame

• 20 Replies

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2020, 02:51:19 PM »
Hi All, thanks for listening!

@cowparsleyman @Wicked Deeds @moraamarolaloba @CharlieSmith @PeteS @MonnoDB @Grubstar @pompeyjazz @Unclenny @rightly @Jambrains @montydog @adamfarr @kevysc

I've been away so haven't been picking up on your comments.

Pretty generous comments and some nice feedback too, thanks all of you for listening! I was trying to expand my 'sound' by trying out the 'novel' piano theme in the verses, and also trying to get more light and shade into it. I had to fight hard to prevent it becoming a Queen, singalong chorus type song ;).

Too many comments to do them all justice as I'm away again tomorrow , but many thanks guys!
Its always appreciated!

Jamie

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2020, 04:19:20 PM »
@Jamie - Hmmm I guess this warm weather would be ideal for that all-in-1 white satin body suit and sawn off mic stand...it would great down the local open mic night....

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2020, 04:59:15 PM »
@cowparsleyman

Aaaah, if only I had the legs and the lungs for that Rich ;D

8) Jamie

Although I once had a mic stand collapse playing with my band and the crowd thought it was a ‘move’ and gave a big cheer after the song....

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2020, 03:53:11 PM »
Hi Jamie

You and @shadowfax Kevin have similar etherial vocal tracks that really sound amazing IMO.
I love the piano in this - that pattern reminded me of an old song "Friday on my Mind" which is probably before your time but one of my all-time favs. The timing in this one also impressed the hell out of me  ;D Doesn't on the surface appear to be common time until you count it out. The overlapping lyrical lines are magical. Sorry to drool but I can't find a foot wrong here  ;D

Excellent
Paul

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2020, 09:09:55 PM »
Hi Jamie

Somehow missed this one earlier  :)

Yeah...I loved the piano in this too...and then the way it branches out...very nice indeed.

Great chorus as well...and that choir bit turned quite spooky right at the end. A cool sting in the tail.

Another tip top track!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2020, 04:27:43 PM »
Sorry to bump this but I've been away 8)

Thanks for listening guys!

@Paulski
Hi Paul, I wouldn't put myself in the same vocal league as Kev, but I appreciate the comment ;D. Yes I remember "friday on my mind" and I know what you mean, also about the timing, I wanted to try it out, seems to have been reasonably successful 8). Fab comments, thanks Paul!

@PaulAds
Hi Paul,always like a bit of spooky... :P. Glad you enjoyed it. It's not actually one of my favourites of my own ???, but I'm pleased about the response.

Cheers
Jamie