konalavadome

Andreas Remix - Teårs

• 7 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« on: August 10, 2020, 10:29:06 AM »
When I heard Andreas' song I heard a bit more than what was in there. I felt the pain in the lyrics, but there wasn't enough 'sprinkles' to keep me interested, and I thought the words went on a bit, so I put some points of interest in.

The trumpets are supposed to sound out of place in such a sad song, and the  slightly dischordant Brecker Bros style close harmony saxes are also there to give the piece some edginess, the BV's are there for the opposite effect, smoooooth and sympathetic.

The fx are there to add chaos and melancholy to the otherwise potentially static vocals.

Anyway hope you like it. Andreas dryly said to me "It rare that the remix is done before the original" Check out his original when it's done.

It was a real gas to work with You @Andreas

Unclenny

• Solo Gig
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 11:10:51 AM »
This is a fantastic mix of a very powerful song @cowparsleyman . I love the subtle presentations of the instruments, particularly at around 1:50 where you nailed that feeling with those trumpets.

I'll be looking for the original from @Andreas
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?band

kevysc

• Platinum Album
  • I'm Working from Memory
    • Your Song Contest
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 11:29:52 AM »
I have heard the original, but I must say this is a really effective and clever mix. Love the trumpets/sax in particular.

Nice work, Kevin

Andreas

• Solo Gig
  • Singer/Songwriter from Norway
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 12:04:16 PM »
@cowparsleyman it was a blast working with you! First of all, I`m honoured you wanted to remix my track, second, it is fire!! I may or may not be objective when I say that :p The trumpets and saxes gives the song a different edge, from the sad, soppy, to a more lively tune, close to a little jazzy. Excellent work! :)

The original, I will release somewhere close to the end of August probably :)

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2020, 02:15:28 PM »
@Andreas @cowparsleyman
Hi guys, I think this remix does add to the song without distracting or moving too much away from the original vibe.Just adds some 'colour'. The trumpets and the backing vocals are the highlight for me  (in terms of the additions).
Nice one guys!

Jamie

Grubstar

• Open Mic
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2020, 03:03:08 PM »
Hi @Andreas @cowparsleyman

A very interesting and enjoyable remix and not at all what I was expecting. Loved the new beats and bass behind the piano chords and  sad lead vocals and really liked the female backing vox. I also liked the horns and fx that you sprinkled throughout the track, a big congrats to both of you on a 1st class song and remix..

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2020, 06:00:47 PM »
Hi,
Not sure I remember the 'original' but it all sound current and good to me.
Liking the deep bass
Brass interesting and good.
:-)
neil
songwriter of no repute..

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2020, 11:20:31 AM »
Sorry for my tardy response...

@Neil C - Thanks Neil

@Grubstar - Cheers Mr Grub, glad you like the remix.

@Andreas - best of luck your version.

@jamie - Colour and contrast is what Im after.