Daylight Robbery

• 17 Replies

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2020, 11:58:35 AM »
This is immediately perfect - it sets out the musical frame within a few seconds. This is right up my street - could have been recorded at Muscle Shoals in 1969. Superb, soulful vocals, gorgeous harmonies, organ is perfect. Reminds me of David Ruffin on the vocal. What can I say - it's bleedin' magic!
M

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2020, 01:39:24 PM »
Great vibe to the mix, think the vox need to come up at a little few places e.g. around 30 sec but mostly it is spot on
Fab vocals and backing is solid but it feels like this is not quite you "thing".
Don't get me wrong, it all sounds fab but something does not feel quite right, a bit too "old" sounding to be a perfect fit for you.
Still very,very good write and superbly executed.

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2020, 10:59:05 AM »
Hi Leo,

This is so polished.  The vocal melody and different song sections  keep the listener engaged yet you manage to come back to that libel you chorus which stays with us long afte the song has ended. Impressive, accomplished writing with great vocals.  It might be an idea to make the guitar more reliant on guitar to really capture that vintage sound.  A quality composition!

Paul