Shout It From The Top (Vocals By Cé Mz)

• 13 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« on: July 27, 2020, 03:20:59 PM »
Here's a little jazzy laid back number to brighten up a typical English summers day (Rain and gale force winds) Vocals from @Melusine2 with music and bv's from myself.

Hope that you enjoy  :)

Oh, we can summit any mountain
We can climb it up and shout it from the top
All of those who contradict us
We can show you that were never going to stop
An alternative dimension
Changing thinking and a different way of life

Open up your heart and let the sun shine in
Don't need to tell you, you'll feel it all begin

We'll look down from on the mountain
Opportunity to shout it from the top
Don't need anyone to tell us
Let me tell you, Hey well we ain't going to stop
Yes we made it, yeah we really reached the top

Oh, we can summit any mountain
We can climb it up and shout it from the top
All of those who contradict us
We can show you that were never going to stop
An alternative dimension
Changing thinking and a different way of life

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 03:32:36 PM »
Hay, I'm first to review this! This lady sure can sing - reminds me of Chrissie Hynde which is pretty much off the scale as far as I'm concerned. Love the sax solo and the vibes - what a lovely sounding thing this is. It sort of worms it's way into your head and then you're just not wanting it to end, ever. It's doing things to me. I love it.
M

Bostonfan2

• Solo Gig
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 04:57:37 PM »
Your versatility never ceases to amaze me! well done John, All the vocals sound great
Lovely voice, Sax works so great in this. Really great stuff John!

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 11:47:32 AM »
(Try not to mention Café Bleu, try not to mention Café Bleu, try not to ... oh heck I mentioned it...)

Lovely laid back sound here, great contributions from you both making something really special. Fab vocals, great sax solo (I like the way it comes in early and then reappears). Love the little doowaps in the BVs as well.

Delicate summery sound, with an uplifting lyric, super stuff (and obvious superficial indicators aside, not really like Café Bleu at all!) 

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 01:29:53 PM »
Kenny Gesus Christ John!!! Your sax game has come on leaps and bounds mateinnit!!??😱🤣👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

This is really lovely...very chilled and easy to listen to all around. Gets right into your head. Great job guys.🎶👊🏻🎶👊🏻🎶😁

Grubstar

• Open Mic
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 04:26:08 PM »
A lovely laid back well constructed song, great vocals and fabulous sax.I enjoyed it.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2020, 06:30:11 PM »
Yeah John it does sound very Summery, makes me want to visit Lyme Regis immediately, :)

Yeah I got that Chrissie Hynde vibe on the vocal,  it was the throaty bit in the chorus especially. Well sung, yet again. Got to be cheating rolling in a singer that good! Minus ten points.

The instrumentation on this is very cool and imaginative,  nice to see you taking your subtle side for a stretch! And that chorus is super catchy, nice harmonies set it all off brilliantly. Great little slice of summer vibe indeed. :)
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2020, 07:54:27 PM »
Lovely, breezy, beautifully sung @Melusine2 (also love the babaps @pompeyjazz ) and wow that sax is fab and sits just right in there.. fabulous.. The whole thing just oozes class.. A super production all in all.. Well done guys - another you've hit out of the park..

K

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2020, 12:40:12 PM »
@pompeyjazz @Melusine2
Hi guys, this is the best song you've done together, every element is just about perfect, especially love the vocals and the sax.........Love the air in the production too.
Brilliant!

Cheers

Jamie

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2020, 07:07:19 PM »
Hola @pompeyjazz @Melusinez

Yes, you are right, I have been for a moment listening to that song sit at a white table looking at the sea under the light of the summer time not only in England, in any other site this style it would give the same sensation!!

I enjoyed the saxophone, this instrument has something special and gives something special to the music.

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2020, 08:16:47 PM »
Really loved this one, guys.

Lovely vocal and BVs and I thought the drums were super too...sax was very cool too but I think I loved the glockenspiel (?) most of all...one of my favourite things to use on a song...

I'd say this was the best yet from you two...and that's saying something...as you never fail to hit the spot.

Fabulous.

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Melusine2

• Open Mic
    • Crowdfunding Melusine Web Page
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2020, 12:35:44 AM »
A quick reply to thank you for your feedbacks in this late evening, wow such a comparaison With Chrissie Hynde, i blush now.  When John proposed me to sing this song, i found it really great.
thanks Again, and thank you John :)

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2020, 08:23:41 AM »
Yes, I'm hraring Chrissie Hynde too. The vocals are superb. John, your writing goes ftom strength to strength my friend. Some great musical setiions within this song. The guitar amongst other onstruments is so tasteful! Songs of true optimism are beautiful, like hidden treasures that cry out yo be revealed.

Well done.

Paul

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2020, 12:20:23 PM »
Sax John, brilliant!.  great production and @Melusine2 has a fabulous voice.

You certainly cover a wide range of genres but I think this probably the best one I've heard from you. 

Great work both of you.
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial