konalavadome

Hello All :)

• 4 Replies

Hamidahmed

• Busker
« on: July 24, 2020, 12:25:14 PM »
Hi, my name is Hamid. I am glad I'v stumbled upon this great forum. Would love to learn more about the basics of poetry in general and song writing in particular. I am a retired university professor (Medical Background) with passion for music since my early teens, I have been playing musical instruments on and off, mainly guitars, since then. I have written a dozen songs back in the 90s but never published or professionally recorded any of them. I am based in the UK (Essex) and during the lock-down period and since March, I have been experimenting with Pro Tools and Audio Interfaces which are new to me. For the first time I managed to record a song that I wrote back in 1999. I have played all the instruments in this song (Acoustic guitars, Electric Bass guitar, and Lead guitars). However, the Drums has been played by my 17 yrs old son. It was really fun recording it together, and was a good Father-Son bonding experience.

Not sure how YouTube links work here, but I have inserted a link to me song below (hope it works) and would love to hear your thoughts...

Also I hope to hear all your contributions and learn more from your expertise.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 10:46:46 AM »
@Hamidahmed -Wish you a warm welcome here Hamid, you'll find a lot of very talented songwriters here, why not review a few songs your self and get involved...

Hamidahmed

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 09:02:48 PM »
Thank you Cowparsleyman (sorry I don't know your name) for the warm welcome. I am well used to reviewing medical papers in the past but never reviewed a musical work before, so this should be challenging and fun at the same time. BTW is there an option here were I get emails or push notifications so that I know if someone has responded to a post of mine?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 12:18:21 PM by Hamidahmed »

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 11:17:54 PM »
A big welcome to you Hamidahmed! My code name is CaliaMoko, but my real name is Vicki. I answer to either.

Thank you Stadium Tour for the welcome. I am well used to reviewing medical papers in the past but never reviewed a musical work before, so this should be challenging and fun at the same time.

I was a little nervous about reviewing when I first joined, but the members were very encouraging and I took the plunge. I just tell them how I like the piece and what I like about it. If I have suggestions for edits, I also mention those.

BTW is there an option here were I get emails or push notifications so that I know if someone has responded to a post of mine?

At the bottom of every thread is a list of icons saying "Reply", "Notify" (the one you want), "Mark Unread", "Send this topic", and "Print". Click "NOTIFY" and you'll get emails every time someone posts on that thread.

I look forward to seeing you around the boards!

Vicki

Hamidahmed

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 01:15:03 AM »
At the bottom of every thread is a list of icons saying "Reply", "Notify" (the one you want), "Mark Unread", "Send this topic", and "Print". Click "NOTIFY" and you'll get emails every time someone posts on that thread.

I look forward to seeing you around the boards!

Vicki

Thank you Vicki, yes that's exactly what I wanted 👍