A Day In The Life

• 17 Replies

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2020, 10:40:02 AM »
Hi Kevin,
I really like the melody of this one and you sing it very well.😄👍🏻 I like how you don’t overuse the guitar, it’s great as it is. I did notice that the piano gets too loud at 1.55 and 2.50ish...just for a few seconds, that’s a quick fix though and the only other thing is the title....shouldn’t it be “A day in MY life”
Great job though mate, I enjoyed it.😄🎶👊🏻🎶

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2020, 12:15:52 PM »
Hi,

This is quite a strange one. I didn't hear the first version BTW but this sounds fine to me. The mix is very unusual as is the almost complete lack of reverb on your vocals but it works. I very much like the theme of the song and the way you have written about how choices reverberate through your life way more than you could ever imagine. Thoughtful and profound. I like it very much.
M

kevysc

• Platinum Album
  • I'm Working from Memory
    • Your Song Contest
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2020, 09:47:05 AM »
@digger72   Took your suggestion and upped the volume on the guitar: definitely sounds better, thanks

@LostBoy Good catch on the piano in the mini-bridge ( for some reason, I had doubled that section and forgot to edit), thanks. 
I thought long and hard about the title: I want this not to be just a personal reflection, but also a universal statement on the realities of aging and choices, and hence I think A Day IN in the Life feels better.

@montydog High praise, many thanks : )