Vampires of Hell

• 24 Replies

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2020, 05:08:26 PM »
Hi guys, thanks for listening!

@Binladeda
Hi Bin, high praise indeed, thanks mate! Not so much of a Saturday night fever type song, more a Sunday night horror!

@Bill Saunders
Hi Bill, yes I try to restrict my 'widdly' bits ;), as I'm not really a lead guitarist but I have my moments! 8). Yes in this case it's the choice of notes ,rather than any technical guitar playing that creates the vibe. My musical ear must be improving, as not that long ago I wouldn't have thought about a single semitone transforming a song, an instrumental or a chorus, but that's happened twice to me with one of my songs in the last couple of months!

Great comments!

Cheers

Jamie

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2020, 03:39:07 PM »
Hi Jamie,

Very proggy. Really enjoyable outro.
Well structured, whilst being inventive, and has your usual high production values.

You say you're not too great with the technical elements of music; just goes to show - it's all about what it sounds like, not what you know or don't know.

All the best,
Digger

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2020, 02:43:31 PM »
Your vocals are getting better and better @Jamie Your lockdown output has been outstanding. Although this had a "proggy" feel to it, it was also very accessible and listenable. Some lovely guitar work and some interesting chord combinations. Liking the way the bass hangs on the root note for example. Another cracker from you  :)

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2020, 03:05:38 PM »
I would have known this was you after the first 5 seconds. It's like you've invented some whole new chords that nobody else has ever used and then put them together in incredibly effective ways. Soooo distinctive. I have to say that isn't my favourite piece of yours. The melody doesn't grab me and I think you have given insufficient time and trouble to the lyrics. The track relies very heavily on the musical arrangement and there isn't enough actual song for these conventional ears. Sorry about that.
M

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2020, 12:47:38 PM »
Hi guys, thanks for listening!

@digger72
Hi D,agree, it's what it sounds like that matters, although it's sometimes intriguing to know why something sounds the way it does :P. Yes, been sliding towards prog recently, guilty as charged....Thanks for the production comments!

@pompeyjazz
Hi John, yes there are some very 'interesting' chords and progressions in this song. Thanks for the comments on the vox it's appreciated!

@ Montydog
Hi Alan, love the comments, even if it's not your 'thing'. Yes see ,my comments above ref chords, there are some beauties in this song.... :o Lyrics aren't really my thing, and I never take time over them :o ;)

Great comments guys thanks!

Jamie

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2020, 09:05:49 PM »
Great song, Jamie!

Lost me little with the terminology...but I have come to expect the unexpected from you...though it's never really actually expected (except in it's quality) and always somehow sounds perfectly natural.

Dracula Untold (from the soundcloud pic) was, I thought, a great version of the age-old story. I once read that the Church used those tales of the undead as a way of terrifying the people into obedience...but I very much doubt that people in positions of power and influence would stoop to such a level. Oh...hang on...

Someone quoted ye olde "Hell is empty...all the devils are here" line the other day and this made me think of that.

Another top quality and fascinating listen.
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2020, 09:22:35 AM »
Hi Jamie,
Ah man!! The second half of this song is f@#%ing EPPPPPICCCC!!!! Right up my street and I kept rewinding it!! Very atmospheric! I have to be honest and say that I don't feel that the two halves of the song quite matched though...not that they have to on any given song...but considering the title  I guess I wanted it to be ALL dark...😈😬🤷🏼‍♂️

Btw...its nice to finally put a face to the name...(song pic!) U look exactly as I imagined mate!!🤪🤣👍🏻

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2020, 06:23:18 PM »
Jamie,
Cool intro and those etherial vocals glide over the backing.
I like contrast with the B section. at 1.30 
Then we get the get the heavier guitar section, really like the repeating bit with the descending bass, as it desending into the bowels of the earth itself.
Just watch there were a couple of timing issues with the lower guitar but cool tune
:-)
Neil

songwriter of no repute..

Kafla

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2020, 08:53:40 AM »
Excellent stuff Jamie , the Gothic landscape you have created really takes off around 2.20 and goes interstellar  ;D

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2020, 05:15:39 PM »
Thanks for listening guys!

@Neil C
Hi Neil, I did wonder if the contrast was too much, but the first half I wrote on the piano and wanted something to help it 'take off', and I continued and also wrote the the second half on the piano, but it sounded a bit 'weak'. So....I got the big guns out and went for it! Glad you enjoyed it!

@Kafla
Hi Andy, nice to have you back. I love the second half of the song too, I could listen to it on a loop ;D ::) :P ;). Thanks for commenting.

Cheers

Jamie