The Golden Age

• 21 Replies

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2020, 03:37:05 PM »
Another forum member who never puts a foot wrong. Exquisite guitar playing and the ethereal vocals sit perfectly alongside it. Love the harmonies and simple drum track. Ah, the subtlety and class of it all - I could listen all day. Why don't Radio 2 play anything this good anymore? I have no more to say - perfection.
M

Bostonfan2

• Solo Gig
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2020, 05:03:21 PM »
Love the guitar playing! its just a beautiful song, You gave it just the right attack
on the vocal and it sounds great. Love it well done!

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2020, 02:09:29 PM »
It's a lovely song mate....I can def hear some French being spoken in places.
The only thing I didnt think worked in my humble opinion is the style of the drums on the chorus? however the light drums you have elsewhere throughout sounded great. Nice work man.😁🎶👊🏻🎶

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2020, 09:24:16 PM »
@digger72, @montydog, @bostonfsn2, @lostboys
Thank you so much for reviewing this song. I guess it came together with ease. The real work is done at the writing stage, just me and my guitar. Once I've nailed an acoustic performance, it's about dressing the song in a suit of clothes. Your ears inform you of what is needed. This was a delightful production experience, so easy to put together. Still, I must get back to trying some upbeat, guitar driven songs.

Paul
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 09:26:28 PM by Wicked Deeds »

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2020, 09:32:34 PM »
I'm playing a furious round of catch-up after my holidays...

Was really wowed by the vocals in this one...matched perfectly to your beautifully-crafted lyrics.

Real artistry on display here. Sounds effortless in every way...but shows a pedigree that I think very few can match.
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2020, 07:27:55 PM »
@PaulAds,

Thanks buddy, I almost forgot to reply as my thoughts have been with the latest challenge task.

Hope to see you at the chat tomorrow.

Paul
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 07:43:57 PM by Wicked Deeds »

Kafla

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2020, 09:39:25 AM »
Man how did you get that guitar tone , very Don McLean , love it 😍

Drums sounding ace as usual and come inn at exactly the right place. I love the instrumentation and the call and return vocal. The sax is really , really good man!

I’ve listened to this before and like a lot of songs it’s gets better on each listen , although it was magic to begin with.

Sorry for just appreciating, but not that sorry 😐 🤣