Slava B. - Julia

• 6 Replies

SlavaB

• Open Mic
  • Born to Rock
    • Official Web Site
« on: July 08, 2020, 04:57:26 PM »
Hi peeps,

Wrote this track today, dedicated for my loved one. Would highly appreciate your feedbacks, support.

Thank you.
Best Regards,
Slava B.

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 10:14:39 PM »
Yo Slava, love the bassline intro.  It's more synthy than a lot your stuff that I have heard but that's a good thing too... a bit of evolution, but it still sounds distinctly you.  I loved the strange scat vocals between the verses too - very unexpected and deliciously weird.  It's also cool that the lyrics are quite romantic but the track and delivery mood is kind of sinister and threatening... as if you are going to kidnap Julia or something!  Great no-nonsense finish too.  Well I hope she likes the song - I certainly did.
It's all too beautiful.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 10:47:50 PM »
Great to hear from you again @SlavaB It's a brand new Slava sound. Loving that funky synth stuff and some great stuff going on all on over the place. I just love your vocal delivery. I can hear what are feeling. Quality man  :)

kevysc

• Platinum Album
  • I'm Working from Memory
    • Your Song Contest
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 09:17:07 AM »
Slava,

Definitely a Kraftwerk vibe going on .... cool rhythms and easier to dance to!  Nice job,

Kevin

Andreas

• Solo Gig
  • Singer/Songwriter from Norway
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2020, 04:28:59 PM »
Brilliant bass-line intro! Some cool vocal effects there, and your delivery is really good!

Good job :)

SlavaB

• Open Mic
  • Born to Rock
    • Official Web Site
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2020, 07:21:48 AM »
Yo Slava, love the bassline intro.  It's more synthy than a lot your stuff that I have heard but that's a good thing too... a bit of evolution, but it still sounds distinctly you.  I loved the strange scat vocals between the verses too - very unexpected and deliciously weird.  It's also cool that the lyrics are quite romantic but the track and delivery mood is kind of sinister and threatening... as if you are going to kidnap Julia or something!  Great no-nonsense finish too.  Well I hope she likes the song - I certainly did.

Hi PaulyX,

Thank you so much for your feedback appreciate your word and time you spent listening to it. Love the kid nap bit, pretty much what I did 10 years ago :D

Great to hear from you again @SlavaB It's a brand new Slava sound. Loving that funky synth stuff and some great stuff going on all on over the place. I just love your vocal delivery. I can hear what are feeling. Quality man  :)

Hi Jon,

Thank you mate, appreciate your time and feedback. Could you clearly hear the words or is it just me over panic that words /vocal doesn't come through very clear?

Slava,

Definitely a Kraftwerk vibe going on .... cool rhythms and easier to dance to!  Nice job,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thank you sir.

Brilliant bass-line intro! Some cool vocal effects there, and your delivery is really good!

Good job :)

Hi Andreas,

Thank you buddy, appreciate your words .

Best Regards,
Slava B.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2020, 10:02:55 AM »
@SlavaB - Welcome back man, good to have your distinctive sound back here.

Congratulations with Parenthood...

Brave work with the scat vocals, I hated them at first, but because you repeated them, I found that they formed a really catchy hook and that by the end of the song I really liked it.

Very creative and forward thinking for you, I always put you down as a Ramstein-esque full blown metal head, great work Slava.

btw You might want to change your Avatar, you look miles better in the SoundCloud photo.