New song.......All I am *updated link*

• 20 Replies

Bostonfan2

• Solo Gig
« on: July 04, 2020, 10:41:03 PM »
*updated*  - Revised version, Thanks again for the great feedback !

Thought I would share this one with you all, Its meant to be a change of pace tune to break up
the Rockers on an upcoming E.P. for Spotify. I dont think its strong enough on its own, but hopefully
good enough to do the job! Lyrically I think it can mean different things to different people, but for me
its a song about a Journey that is Spiritual in nature. Any thoughts on it welcome, Thanks!
I would post the lyrics but....its a lyric video I did for it:)

&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 03:12:21 PM by Bostonfan2 »

Grubstar

• Open Mic
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 04:40:50 PM »
Wow, what a fantastic well produced professional sounding song, I loved it. The vocals are superb and the lyrics are very emotive. The guitar work throughout is 1st class, particular highlights are when the acoustic comes in and the soaring lead break in the middle. I really enjoiyed it.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 06:48:50 PM »
Top quality recording and a really good song...should work great in between a couple of rockier numbers...as it still has some guts to it despite being fairly laid back.

I wondered if the guitar lead guitar was a tiny bit out of tune here and there? Probably not...I'm just having a right carry-on with a couple of my guitars lately...and that's probably spilled over into my listening!

Enjoyed it a lot!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 07:00:26 PM »
Yes, this is great stuff Ray - Vocals are superb. Would be a great song to break up the set with. Excellent paying and production although I do agree with Paul that the geetar is just a wee tad out of tune - easily fixed though. There's a really interesting structure to the song as well which seems to be a trademark of yours. Great stuff :)

Bostonfan2

• Solo Gig
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 09:31:32 PM »
@Grubstar - Thank You very much for your nice thoughts , means alot👍

@PaulAds - Thanks man! Yeah was having a nightmare of time with the lead
                 Guitar And I think it’s slightly sharp in spots. Appreciate you checking
                 It out and your thoughts 👍

@pompeyjazz - HI John, glad you think it could be a good fit for a change of pace!
                       I have been wanting to do something with the acoustic for awhile.
                       Thanks also for mentioning the tuning on the lead as well, would be
                       Great to have it spot on.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2020, 03:28:27 PM »
@Bostonfan2

Hi, love the vocals, they were great! I too agree with the comment about the lead tuning.There was a descending guitar theme you played through a couple of times about 60% through that I would have developed a bit more, it sounded good.
Nice one!

Cheers

Jamie

Unclenny

• Solo Gig
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2020, 06:45:49 PM »
Really good tune here....LOVE the vocals and the arrangement.

I also picked up on that minor tuning issue.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?band

simonjol

• Busker
  • Love to write and discuss music :)
    • The Confederation
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2020, 10:59:03 PM »
Wow very impressive vocal that’s some poweful lungage you have there! Really nice melodies in the acc guitar kind of Towsend circa Tommy era very uplifting. I’d like to hear it break down quiet and build up with a rising rhythm and your wicked guitar riff. :)

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2020, 11:51:33 PM »
Wow that harmony coming in at the start is gorgeous.. Lovely song, great vocal.. and as the others have said, great arrangement.. Great stuff @Bostonfan2 ..

K

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2020, 09:25:15 AM »
Hey BF - I think this one does exactly what it says on the tin. Lovely respite from the rockers and especially great harmonies. To be honest, with the addition of a chorus it could be a great ballad on its own, but the atmosphere is super all through.   

Bostonfan2

• Solo Gig
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2020, 10:47:04 PM »
@Jamie - Hi Jamie, Thanks for checking it out & glad you dig the Vocals!  :)

@Unclenny - Glad you dig the tune & Vox! it was a fun one to put together.

@simonjol - Definitely not me on vocals! (ask John ..lol ) The Guy on Vocals is Chris Sligh
                  He definitely has alot of power when he wants to use it..:) Thanks for the
                  comment on the acoustic, I haven't played it in years and it was fun to be able
                  to use the 12 string for these open type chords!

@MonnoDB - Thank You for your nice comments! this was my first attempt at any type of video
                    yours are always amazing!

@adamfarr - Hi Adam, thanks for confirming the intended us of this piece, I have thought about developing it more later!

I have since re - tracked the Lead guitar (solid A440...haha) and doing the remix, thanks again everyone for the great feedback! .......Ray

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2020, 09:32:51 AM »
@Bostonfan2 - Ooops, too late, it's gone. Video removed

Bostonfan2

• Solo Gig
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2020, 03:14:10 PM »
Link should work now :)

kevysc

• Platinum Album
  • I'm Working from Memory
    • Your Song Contest
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2020, 09:54:58 AM »
Definitely hear the Boston, Foreigner influence and this is very well put together. Perhaps bring the drums up slightly, but very polished and accomplished work.

Kevin

Bostonfan2

• Solo Gig
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2020, 07:13:34 PM »
Definitely hear the Boston, Foreigner influence and this is very well put together. Perhaps bring the drums up slightly, but very polished and accomplished work.

Kevin

Thank You Kevin! The drums could use a slight bump, Thanks for your thoughts!