Thing I'm working on demo

• 6 Replies

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« on: July 04, 2020, 10:24:56 AM »
Hey anyone who's got a spare few minutes and is bored before going down the pub to get hammered.

I came across this nice acapella so knocked up a backing track. Trouble is there wasn't more than one verse and chorus but I did some repeats.
Initially I didn't have the verse repeated after the sax, just instrumentation before hitting the chorus bits again. Still not sure about it. Also not sure about the extra guitar part here. Or have the guitar but not the vocal?

Any thoughts?

https://soundcloud.com/cramer1930/dont-touch-this-demo0407/s-eNIni3Eh9SJ

Have a Super Saturday guys!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 10:42:17 AM by Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra »
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 08:59:50 PM »
@Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra - nice vibe

Id have a jazz gtr solo, picking out bits  Of the vocal melody line and a rhodes,

Drop the fuzz gtr, (maybe bung phaser on it, but keep the playing simple) can you chop the vocal into finer chucks and use dot them about, maybe with some echo freezes?

Just ideas really, good luck wit it

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 09:19:27 PM »
Hi Ian. Good to see your little Zoom box yesterday evening. Shame the network was bad as would be great to catch up. This is a super little vibe. I thought the bass was fab and enjoyed the sax breaks. Maybe I would be inclined to make the lead guitar a bit more distorted but only personal preferences etc etc. Keeping away from the pubs but sitting in my garden I can tell that quite a few people are not. Gonna be lairy later I reckon !

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 10:25:58 AM »
Yeah very nice. It's a shame the vocal sample is on the short side. I'd maybe consider looking for a contrasting vocal sample, maybe male, so you could have different vocal sections featuring different vocals. Increase the interest level - or maybe sing it yourself.

But it's a very chilled vibe you've got there and a smashing backing track so far  :D
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 09:36:37 PM »
Yes...throughly enjoyed this one...shaping up very nicely.

Will try to grab another listen and see if any ideas present themselves...but you're 90% there as I see (hear) it...
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

simonjol

• Busker
  • Love to write and discuss music :)
    • The Confederation
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2020, 10:16:58 PM »
Loving this Ian. Superly, chilled down and smooth. Great work, sounds like a great contender for the summer clubs. Ahhh summer i need a beach and a cocktail fast!

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2020, 05:27:18 PM »
Hey thanks for listening boys.

I have now mellowed out that extra lead guitar bit.....I think I inadvertently ran it through the amp sim twice on different settings anyway so it got overcooked....it's jazzier sound now.

The big news is that I am in touch with the singer who likes my backing track and wants to redo her vocal so things are shaping up nicely.

Thanks for ideas!

Next stop finished songs section....might be some time though...I'm very slow.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer