Songwriter Forum > Feedback on Finished songs

The only Star

<< < (2/5) > >>

Grubstar:
Hi Jamie
A good driving rock song with a fantastic atmospheric intro and interesting lyrics and melody. I also thought the guitar outro was 1st class. I wasnt sure at first about the constantly rising vocal on the chorus but you seem to have carried it off. Another good song from you.

pompeyjazz:
Yep, this hits the spot for sure @Jamie I loved the way you keep the bass on the same note on the pre chorus. Your vocals are great. Don't know how you manage to get some of those high notes. The time signature makes it just a little different as well. You are on a prolific streak for sure. Great stuff man  :)

MichaelA:
Terrific work @Jamie, your best chorus for a while that. Nice dramatic ending too.

My only thought was that you could add a bit of darkness to the chorus, if it is that, by singing underneath the melody line an octave lower.

Just a thought, but I enjoyed your technical excellence in this and stretching yourself on a little musical workout with challenging time signatures and tuning. 'Guitar Noodles', sounds like a great title that!  ;)

Andreas:
Hello Jamie! Loved the melody from start to finish. Lyrics are brilliant, and the guitar solo is fantastic :)

PaulAds:
Another gem, Jamie.

I'd hate to be the guy on the receiving end of that lyric  :P

That first guitar break around 1:50 was very conservative...and then you went to town second time around...

Fits together brilliantly and I still can't get my head around those time signatures  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version