Songwriter Forum > Feedback on Finished songs

Tailspin

<< < (2/7) > >>

Sebandme:
First of all welcome! Love this nice and funky and love the guitars aswell. Really enjoyed the listen....

Looking to hearing more :)

simonjol:
Heyyy thanks and really pleased you like it!

pompeyjazz:
Hi @simonjol and welcome to the forum. Really liked this indie vibe. Great funky guitar and vocals fitted the vibe really well. Great work on the harmony vocals. What's your recording setup ? I'm sure that you will enjoy it here. It's a very friendly helpful place.

simonjol:
@pompeyjazz thankyou so much, means a lot to get positive feedback from such talented folk on here. I am really enjoying hearing peoples work, will check your links too

My set up is very basic i record with a macbook pro using garageband and just a Squire telecaster and ovation semi accoustic. I keep the structure simple usually a few organ sounds or the odd synth. On this track i have used a plugin called vintage vocals which has a sample of 3 female soul singers. Its pretty inflexible bit good for the ooohs and ahhhs in a simple triad chord shape. Mixing is something i struggle with i do find it difficult to balance overall and vox often gets a bit muddy so great to hear you liked the harmonies :D

pompeyjazz:
Good stuff @simonjol Hope that you stick around. It's a great place to be. Are you from Coventry? It's my home town

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version